𝟎.𝟎.𝟑

𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞
𝖩𝖺𝗇𝗎𝖺𝗋𝗒 𝟤𝟢𝟤𝟥

Cassandra sat alone in her room, a heavy silence enveloping her. The absence of Oscar's messages weighed on her heart, and an unsettling feeling grew within her. She couldn't shake the sense that something had changed between them.

She scrolled through their past conversations, reminiscing about the easy banter and shared laughter. The recent void in their communication left her longing for the warmth that their interactions once provided. "Why haven't we been talking lately?" she wondered, her mind consumed by unanswered questions.

Before New Year's, they and Lily were practically inseparable. They spent most of their days together during Oscar's short break. Of course, Cassandra would get tired of the third wheeling, but Oscar's presence would never be tiring.

She wondered if it had something to do with her almost confessing her feelings about Lily's boyfriend on the thirty-first of December.

"Isn't my boyfriend so pretty, i'm so lucky to have him." Lily watched Oscar talk to some of his friends, "You are incredibly lucky to have him. When I was younger I had feelings for him, but I didn't want to mess up our relationship, you know." Cassandra slurred, taking another sip of her strawberry vodka. "Oh really? Tell me more." Lily persuaded her.

"I think I still like him. I know he's yours but look at how gorgeous he is. Maybe if I told him sooner about my feelings then we'd be dating. I wish I was you."

"Yeah, well the countdown is about to start and my boyfriend needs his New Year's kiss." Lily went over to Oscar and held to his veiny arm.

Cassandra soon broke out of the blurry memory, and in an attempt to break the silence, she mustered the courage to reach out. "Hey Oscar, it's been a while. How have you been?" The seconds ticked by, each passing moment intensifying her worry. No response came, leaving her feeling even more isolated.

She replayed their last conversation in her mind, searching for clues or signs of a rift. "Did I say something wrong?" Cassandra questioned herself, her confidence waning as self-doubt crept in. The digital distance between them felt insurmountable.

Cassandra's emotions became palpable as she confided in a friend.

"I miss talking to Oscar. It feels like we've drifted apart, and I don't know why." Gracie offered a comforting ear, recognizing the pain that laced her words.

One day turned into several, and the void persisted. Cassandra grappled with a mix of emotions, from sadness to frustration. "I wish we could just talk and sort things out," she whispered to herself, yearning for the connection that seemed to slip away.

Finally, a notification broke the silence. It was Oscar. Cassandra's heart raced as she read his message, "Hey, sorry for being distant. Life's been hectic, but I miss our talks too." Relief and joy flooded through her, realizing that the distance was unintentional.

Cassandra replied with a genuine smile, "I understand. Let's catch up soon?" The rekindled conversation brought a sense of renewal, mending the emotional rift that had left her feeling adrift.

She just couldn't tell Lily about it, in case the secret slipped out of her mouth, intentionally or unintentionally.

typing...
drunk Cassandra is a mess