𝟎.𝟏.𝟓

𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞
𝖠𝗉𝗋𝗂𝗅 𝟤𝟢𝟤𝟥

   Oscar and Lily sat across from each other in the dimly lit cafe, an uneasy tension hanging in the air. The once vibrant energy that characterized their relationship seemed to have faded into a palpable discomfort.

Oscar hesitated, then finally spoke, "Lily, we need to talk about us. Things haven't been the same, and I think we both feel it."

Lily looked down, swirling her coffee absentmindedly. "Yeah, Oscar, I've noticed it too. It's like there's this shadow between us."

Oscar took a deep breath. "It's Cassandra, Lily. I can't deny that she's become a significant part of my life, and it's affecting us."

Lily's eyes met his, searching for answers. "What do you mean, Oscar? Are you saying you're in love with her? You're in love with that bitch? She wrote a fucking song about me! How could you or anyone possibly love her!"

Oscar shook his head. "No, it's not about that. But Cassandra's going through a tough time, and I feel responsible for being there for her. It's taking a toll on our relationship."

Lily sighed, a mixture of frustration and sadness in her voice. "A tough time? Are you kidding me? As a boyfriend, you should always put me first. Not Cassandra, not Formula One, but me!"

Oscar ran a hand through his hair, visibly torn. "I know it's difficult to understand, Lily. I never wanted things to get like this. I just need some time to figure things out, to find a balance."

Lily nodded slowly, her eyes welling up with tears. "So, what are you saying, Oscar? Are we taking a break?"

Oscar looked down, struggling to find the right words. "I think we need some space, Lily. A break might give us the clarity we need. It's not about giving up on us, but about understanding where we stand individually."

Lily wiped away a tear, her voice shaky. "I never thought it would come to this, Oscar. I thought we were solid. I thought you loved me."

Oscar reached across the table, gently holding Lily's hand. "Lily, I care about you deeply. This break doesn't change that. We just need time to grow as individuals, and hopefully, we can come back stronger."

"If you care about me then why are you leaving me? You pathetic bitch."

As they left the cafe, the weight of the decision lingered in the air. Oscar and Lily walked away, both carrying the heaviness of their emotions, uncertain about what the future held for them. The echoes of their conversation reverberated in their minds, leaving them with a sense of melancholy and the bittersweet realization that sometimes, taking a break is the only way to find the clarity needed for a relationship to survive.

Once Oscar made it home, he hesitated before picking up his phone and dialing Cassandra's number, seeking answers. Cassandra answered, her voice carrying a mix of surprise and concern.

"Cassandra, Lily mentioned you making a song about her... Can we talk?"

Cassandra, sensing the tension, responded, "Of course, Oscar. What's going on?"

As the conversation unfolded, Oscar learned of Lily's perception that Cassandra played a role in their breakup. The revelation hit him like a tidal wave, leaving him grappling with a mix of emotions. The dialogue between Oscar and Cassandra became a delicate dance of explanation and understanding.

"Oscar, I never intended to come between you and Lily. I value our friendship, and I'm sorry if this has caused any pain."

Oscar, torn between loyalty and heartbreak, replied, "I need to figure this out. I broke up with her so suddenly."

Throughout the day, Oscar's calls to Cassandra continued, each conversation peeling back layers of the complex situation. Cassandra, earnest in her desire to clarify her stance, reiterated that her intentions were never to jeopardize Oscar's relationship.

The dialogue evolved into a crucial exploration of feelings and intentions, as Cassandra and Oscar navigated the aftermath of a breakup that seemingly had her as an unintended catalyst. In that single day, their conversation became a crucial bridge between confusion and clarity.

"I value our friendship, Oscar. I hope you can find a way to make sense of all this."

Oscar, grappling with conflicting emotions, murmured, "I need time, Cassie. I need time."

As the day unfolded, the dialogue between Oscar and Cassandra served as a pivotal moment in their relationship, challenging them to confront the complexities of emotions and intentions in the aftermath of a breakup that left both of them questioning the boundaries of their connection.

typing...
oh no, they broke up 🥱