𝟎.𝟏.𝟎

𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞 + 𝐈𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐫𝐚𝐦
𝖬𝖺𝗋𝖼𝗁 𝟤𝟢𝟤𝟥

   The hum of the phone broke the silence in Cassandra's house. With a curious expression, she answered to find Oscar's voice on the other end.

"Hey, Cassandra. It's been a while," Oscar greeted, his voice carrying a mix of nostalgia and warmth.

Cassandra smiled, "Yeah, it has. How have you been?"

Oscar chuckled, "Busy with preparing for races, you know how it is. But I've missed our chats."

"I've missed them too," she admitted a tinge of sincerity in her voice. Their conversations held a unique rhythm that time hadn't erased.

As they caught up on life, sharing stories of triumphs and challenges, there was a comfortable familiarity that enveloped them.

"So, any exciting races coming up?" Cassandra inquired, genuinely curious about the world Oscar navigated.

Oscar leaned back, "Yeah, heading to Saudi Arabia next. It's a new track, should be interesting."

Cassandra could sense the passion in his words, "That sounds cool, I've always wanted to go to Saudi Arabia."

"Maybe I can take you and Lily one day," Oscar agreed. "How about you? Anything new on your end?"

Cassandra paused, contemplating how to express the changes in her life. "Well, a lot has happened. I'm dropping a song later today."

Oscar listened attentively, the miles between them fading as they connected over shared experiences and the passage of time.

As their conversation lingered into the night, the warmth of rekindled friendship bridged the gap created by the days and weeks they hadn't spoken. The echoes of laughter and shared memories paved the way for a renewed connection between Cassandra and Oscar.

"Well I'm about to take Adeline to bed, I'll call you later?" "Yeah, of course. Lily wants me back in bed anyway."

Cassandra hung up the phone before sighing, it felt like Oscar wouldn't go one call without mentioning his gorgeous girlfriend. She'd be lying if she said that it didn't make her jealous.

As she set her phone on her bed, she knew that Adeline was waiting her for to do their nightly routine.

She knelt beside Adeline's bed, a gentle smile on her face. "Time for bed, Addie. Did you brush your teeth?"

Adeline nodded, her eyes wide with innocence. "Yes, Cassie, I did!"

Chuckling, Cassandra reached for a book on the bedside table. "Alright then, let's pick a story for tonight. How about the one with the magical dragon?"

Adeline's eyes lit up with excitement. "Yes, the dragon one!"

Cassandra settled in, the room bathed in the soft glow of a bedside lamp. As she read, Adeline snuggled closer, captivated by the tale of adventure and enchantment.

After finishing the story, Cassandra dimmed the light. "Now, it's time for sweet dreams. Any special request tonight?"

Adeline thought for a moment before grinning, "Can you sing the lullaby Grandma used to sing?"

Cassandra nodded, her heart warmed by the memory. She softly sang the familiar tune, a melody that had comforted both of them in their childhood.

As the lullaby concluded, Cassandra tucked Adeline in, whispering, "Sleep tight, little one."

"Cassie, will you leave the nightlight on?" Adeline asked, her voice small.

"Of course, sweetheart," Cassandra assured, switching on the nightlight. "Anything for you."