𝟎.𝟑.𝟐

𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞
𝖩𝗎𝗅𝗒 𝟤𝟢𝟤𝟥

   The evening sun cast long shadows as Logan nervously paced around his apartment. The weight of unspoken words hung heavily in the air. Unable to contain his emotions any longer, he reached for his phone, fingers trembling as he dialed Cassandra's number.

"Hey, Cassandra, it's Logan," he said, the words escaping in a rush.

Cassandra's cheerful voice came through the phone. "Hey, Logan! What's going on?"

Logan took a deep breath, the silence stretching between them. "There's something I need to tell you. It's important." He hesitated, grappling with the words. "I have feelings for you, Cassandra."

There was a pause, the air suddenly thick with tension. Cassandra's response was measured, "Logan, I appreciate your honesty, but you know I'm with Oscar."

Logan nodded, even though Cassandra couldn't see him. "I know, and I respect that. It's just... I couldn't keep this to myself. I needed you to know."

Cassandra sighed softly, her tone both sympathetic and resolute. "Logan, you're a great guy and an even better friend. But I'm committed to Oscar. I hope you understand."

"Yeah," Logan replied, his voice tinged with disappointment. "I do. I just had to get it off my chest."

Cassandra spoke gently, "I appreciate your honesty, Logan, but I think it's better if we remain friends. I don't want this to complicate things with you and Oscar."

Logan swallowed hard, accepting the reality of the situation. "Friends it is then."

As the call ended, Logan felt a mix of emotions – relief for finally confessing his feelings and a pang of heartache for the unreciprocated love. Determined to move forward, he decided to face the situation head-on.

Later that evening, a gathering had been planned with their group of friends. Logan, despite the emotional rollercoaster, joined them, putting on a brave face. The atmosphere was light, laughter echoing through the room as they watched a movie together. However, every glance exchanged between Cassandra and Oscar felt like a reminder of Logan's unspoken turmoil.

After the movie, with their friends dispersing, Logan and Cassandra found themselves alone on the couch. Logan couldn't shake the awkwardness in the air as he spoke, "Look, Cassandra, I know I dropped a bombshell earlier, and I'm sorry if I made things weird."

Cassandra offered a reassuring smile. "It's okay, Logan. I appreciate your honesty, and I want us to move past this. I value our friendship, and I don't want it to be affected."

Logan nodded, trying to mask his lingering emotions. "I get it. I don't want things to be weird either."

As they continued talking, the conversation shifted, becoming more comfortable. Cassandra shared stories, and Logan found himself genuinely enjoying their interaction. Despite the rejection, a spark of friendship remained, and Logan appreciated Cassandra's effort to ease the tension.

Eventually, Cassandra spoke sincerely, "Logan, I hope we can put this behind us and continue being friends. It might take a little time, but I believe we can get past this."

Logan nodded, a small smile forming. "Yeah, I want that too. Friends?"

Cassandra extended her hand for a friendly handshake, "Friends."

In the following days, Logan wrestled with his emotions but found solace in Cassandra's genuine attempt to preserve their friendship. It wasn't easy, especially with Oscar in the picture, but Logan resolved to move forward, appreciating the bond they had without letting unrequited feelings overshadow their connection.

 It wasn't easy, especially with Oscar in the picture, but Logan resolved to move forward, appreciating the bond they had without letting unrequited feelings overshadow their connection

typing...
so he told her while they were in spa