𝟎.𝟎.𝟕

𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞
𝖥𝖾𝖻𝗋𝗎𝖺𝗋𝗒 𝟤𝟢𝟤𝟥

   Cassandra and her friend Logan spent a delightful afternoon with Cassandra's lively 3-year-old sister, Adeline. The trio ventured into the backyard, where the sun bathed everything in a warm glow.

"Look, Logan! Adeline found a ladybug," Cassandra exclaimed, her eyes bright with enthusiasm. Logan joined the excitement, crouching down to Adeline's level. "That's so cool! Ladybugs are really pretty," he remarked, sharing a smile with Cassandra.

"I love ladybug! I want a pet ladybug." Adeline threw her hands up. "Maybe Mommy will let you have one." Logan accidentally brought up the Beauchêne's mother. Cassandra eyes him as she shakes her head.

Their mother was never a loving figure whom they could look up to. She was quite the opposite. Always getting angry over the smallest things, like not color-coding clothes. It was a toxic environment for a toddler to be in. So Adeline lived at Logan's house when Cassandra was overseas, but whenever she was back in the States or France, Adeline would live with her sister.

Adeline chose not to hear what Logan said as she was thrilled to have company and led them to her makeshift tea party spot. "We're having a tea party, Cassie and Logie! You're invited!" she announced with glee. The two older friends played along, sipping imaginary tea and nibbling on pretend treats.

Logan, embracing the imaginative play, asked Adeline, "What's your favorite game, little adventurer?" Adeline thought for a moment, then exclaimed, "I love hide and seek! Can we play, please?" Cassandra grinned, "Great choice! Let's play, Logan, and let Adeline hide first."

The backyard echoed with laughter as they took turns seeking and hiding. Logan, ever playful, pretended to be surprised each time he found Adeline, eliciting peals of laughter from the little one.

As they settled on a blanket, Logan turned to Adeline. "What's your favorite animal, Adeline?" he inquired. Adeline's eyes lit up, "Puppies! They're so fluffy and cute." Cassandra smiled, "Maybe we can visit the neighbor's puppy later."

As the sun began to dip below the horizon, casting a golden hue, Logan said, "Time flies when you're having fun. Thanks for the adventure, Adeline." Adeline hugged them both, saying, "You're welcome! Can we play again tomorrow, Cassie and Logan?"

Cassandra nodded, "Absolutely, Addie. Tomorrow is another day for more adventures." With that, they headed inside, the echoes of laughter lingering, creating cherished memories of a day filled with friendship, play, and the boundless imagination of a 3-year-old.

As the two put her to bed, Logan said, "Isn't she the cutest, looks just like you." "You're so sweet." Cassandra rested her head on his shoulder. "Carbon copy." he stroked her hair as her bedroom television began to play some random show on Netflix.

"Same attitude, same black straight hair, same color eyes, and most importantly you're both beautiful." he listed, causing Cassandra to look away and blush.

"You're a really good friend, I don't know what I would do without you." she fidgeted with his veiny hands. "Anything for you." Logan peaked her forehead.

If only Logan could reveal his feelings without getting rejected.

typing...
happy thanksgiving 🍁🦃🍽
we all need a friend like Logan