𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

A/N: I sincerely apologize for last chapter 😓

"I got sum for you later ight? Just let me do what I needa do," Asaad said, lying to the guard that he had a fling with his previous time being locked up, causing the woman to smile.

"Alright, I guess. Just don't take the extra mile," The woman replied as she removed his handcuffs, not failing to glide her wrinkly hand across Asaad's chest before allowing him to walk inside the visiting area.

The area was empty with one table in the middle of it, Asaad was met with the face of the pregnant woman whom he hadn't seen in three weeks.

Carsyn was looking beautiful, as usual, she was currently wearing a black skims set, consisting of a plain shirt and some leggings, her almost 5-month belly poking a lot more now.

She paired the outfit along with her chestnut colored uggs and her chestnut colored cross-body purse, it was something simple, but she didn't care. All she cared about was staying warm.

She currently had long deeply waved 30in bundles installed in her hair, she had just gotten herself a side-part sew-in the previous day.

That what she had been doing to pass time while Asaad was away.

Self-care, baby shopping, working, and praying.

Asaad was such a huge part of her daily routine, it felt weird for her to do everything without him.

He wasn't there to hold her while she slept, to watch tv shows with her, to rub her belly all day long, nothing.

She knew that she shouldn't stress over the situation, but she couldn't help it.

She was so annoyed that things were coming back up to get him when he had finally went legal, completely.

Or at least that was what she thought.

"You look pretty ma," Asaad spoke first causing her to look up to him.

Although she was all dolled-up on the outside, the look in her eyes told him everything.

She stood up from the table wordlessly, walking over to him so that she could hug him.

He immediately returned the hug, missing her embrace dearly.

His heart felt like it was shattered when he felt her tears wet the navy blue jumpsuit he wore.

"C'mon mama, don't do that..." He told her as he rubbed her back, she wanted to stop crying but she couldn't help herself.

Her already hurt feelings plus her hormones had her crying about the situation daily.

She just cried and cried, and Asaad could do nothing but hold her, feeling bad because he knew that it was his fault that they were even in this position.

He didn't get charged for things he did in the past, it was recent.

He should've just went legal when she told him to, but he went against her wishes and he definitely shouldn't have because look where they were now.

"I-It shouldn't be like this Asaad. I don't want to see you in here. W-What if I have to do this whole pregnancy alone? You said we'd do it together..." She mumbled as her head rested on his chest, not wanting to let him go yet.

"I know mama, and we are. I'a try to get outta' here as soon as possible fa' you" He told her, she just sighed as he wiped her tears.

"You went legal Asaad, how is this still coming back up?" She asked, he just remained silent.

He wasn't sure if he should lie to her more or just tell the truth, so he didn't say anything.

His silence caused her to furrow her eyebrows, she then looked up to him, their eyes finally connecting.

"You did fully go legal, right?"

"I was tryna-

"Asaad, it's a yes or no question, you ain't never been the type to beat around the bush so don't start now,"She cut him off, attempting to remain calm.

"Nah," He admitted causing to remove her arms from around him, then backing away.

"I'm sorry-

"Why did you lie to me?" She asked, cutting him off.

"I wasn't thinking, I was just tryna provide for y'all the best way I knew how,"

"You don't have to do that Asaad! You already provide for us with the perfectly legal job you have! So that excuse isn't even valid,"

"Stop lying to me, you're doing it because you want to and you know it. Why do you want to Asaad? Do you not care?" She questioned, angry tears rolling down her face.

"I do-

"It's looking like you don't Asaad, like...I don't understand...why?" She asked genuinely, she truly didn't understand why he felt the need to handle things illegally.

And he didn't either, he couldn't even give her an answer.

"Okay, I have to go meet with your nana later so I'll go. Call me tomorrow at three so that we can find out the gender at my appointment," She said quietly, wiping her tears as she picked up her purse.

Asaad just watched as she gathered her things, a million ways going through his mind on how to make things right between them.

Suprising him, she still placed a kiss on his lips.

"I love you,"

"I love you too ma,"

"No Asaad, I told her to put it an envelope just incase you didn't call on time, so I don't know if either," Carsyn told him over the video call as she sat in her car, parked in the parking lot of the hospital.

She had just left her official 5-month appointment and everything was looking okay.

Her baby was growing fine and she finally gets the chance to find out the gender.

The doctor also could tell that she was very stressed, so she advised that she tried to calm herself down in tense situations.

"Baby, we can't talk about-

"No, I don't want to talk about it. I understand that you'll do what you want at the end of the day, so it's whatever," She said though her tone clearly said that it wasn't "whatever" and Asaad knew that.

"Mama-

"I'm opening the envelope, hush," She told him cause him to suck his teeth.

"It's a-

...girl!"

this song ate, would yall hate me if i made a drake fanfic 😗