𝑭𝒂𝒓 𝑭𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝑯𝒐𝒎𝒆 - 𝑪𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒐𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒖𝒔 𝑺𝒏𝒐𝒘

"Come back with me Lucy Gray, please, we can make a change!" Snow said, following Lucy Gray out of the room.

"How many times do I have to tell you, Coryo, I can't. I'll do anything but go back." She said, shaking her head.

"I'll protect you!" Snow said, reaching for Lucy Gray's hand.

"Isn't that what you told him too?" Lucy Gray said, crossing her arms.

"Who...oh." Snow grew quiet, remembering his once best friend. "But you're different."

"He was a member of the Capitol, what makes you think you won't turn on me too? I'm a district!"

"BUT HE WAS FROM THE DISTRICT LUCY GRAY, HE WASN'T ONE OF US!"

Snow paused, realizing his mistake. "No, no, no, that's not what I meant. Lucy Gray listen to me. We could go to the Capitol and stop them from continuing the Hunger Games, I know we can, you just need to listen to me."

Lucy Gray turned her head hesitantly. "I've loved you once and look what happened Coryo, I don't think I can take it again."

Snow let out a sigh, "Alright, I won't make you decide right now so let's just put this behind us and go fishing as we planned."

He grabbed the fishing pole and bait and walked toward the door. Snow then extended his hand for her to grab. Lucy Gray hesitantly grabbed on and together they walked toward the boat near the lake. As they neared the boat, Lucy Gray asked,

"Coriolanus, what would we even do in the Capitol? I'm sure the rules changed and so did everyone."

Snow grabbed her hand and gently kissed it. "You're a victor of the 10th Hunger Games, they can't look down on you even if they tried."

Lucy Gray let out a light laugh. "Where would we even stay? We have no money and no one to trust."

The two entered safely onto the boat, with Snow leading.

"Tigris can help, I don't know how my grandmother is doing right now but I know Tigris will stand by me. Especially after they wronged me. Wronged both of us. You won fair and by the rules, not giving you the money was foul play."

Lucy Gray threw the line of the fishing pole into the water along with the bait. "Why would you even want to go back?" She asked silently.

Snow was quiet for a while, fidgeting with the hook. "I was thinking of becoming the president."

Lucy Gray stood up abruptly, shaking the boat. "President!? Are you out of your mind?"

"Lucy Gray! Listen I-"

Lucy Gray suddenly put a finger on his mouth. "Shh, don't move." She looked over her shoulder and pointed to the trees in the distance. "Listen."

Snow opened his mouth to speak but quickly shut it when he heard strange voices nearby. He stood up next to Lucy Gray, balancing himself so the boat would not tip over. He squinted his eyes, scanning the surface. The voices then hit him like a rock as he realized who the voices were coming from.

Lucy Gray glanced at him, whispering, "Do you see them? Who are they?"

Snow then gently pulled her down to sit next to him. He shook his head and placed a finger over his mouth.

"Coryo??" She asked, shaking his leg.

"Shh," he pointed up as the birds in the trees flew over. "Don't say anything."

"Why what's wrong?" She whispered back.

As the birds flew over their head, Snow's eyes trailed them. They were going in the direction of the Capitol.

"Jabberjays, they never left! Hurry, we need to go!" Snow shouted.

"Why we're safe here!" Lucy Gray said, watching Snow's desperate attempt to row the boat back to shore.

As the two neared the shore, Snow finally answered, "We're being tracked by the Capitol. Nowhere is safe when those are here."