𝑹𝒖𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒏 𝒄𝒊𝒓𝒄𝒍𝒆𝒔 - 𝑪𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒐𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒖𝒔 𝑺𝒏𝒐𝒘

It had been days since the rebels attacked, and no one was sure whether they would return, but everyone smiled, trying to encourage others.

Lucy Gray had been unconscious for over five days, showing no sign of coming back. Prong was showing no sign of wanting to do anything. He sat in the corner of his room, not talking, eating, or moving. Snow had tried to get him to move but it remained useless. No one knew whether the Capitol would continue on the promise they had made before they were cut short. Every rebel in the districts was to die, including the ones that had killed Prong's brother.

"Kid, you go to eat something," Snow said, handing him a bowl of oatmeal. "It's worse than what you have, but at least it's something."

Prong looked up, meeting his eye before looking back down. "There's no use on my mission now, just leave."

Snow sat down next to him, placing the bowl aside. "So what are you going to do now?"

"I don't know," Prong said, pulling his feet up and burying his face inside. "I don't have any purpose right now, there's nowhere to go where I won't see death."

Snow gave a slight nod. "You're not wrong but don't you at least want to try?"

Prong stood and walked away, not saying a word.

"Young sir," A kind old lady said, "You might want to check on your lady friend, she is not recovering too well."

Snow stood taking one last glance at where Prong had disappeared to. "Of course, show me the way."

He followed the old lady back into the medic tent. The smell of mint and ointment filled the air, and suddenly Snow was aware of his surroundings. Burned men and women were everywhere. Screams that had reminded him of the Hunger Games when he had entered the arena.

"This way." The old lady guided him to a cot near the corner, where Lucy Gray lay, breathing slowly.

Snow ran to her, lying at her side. He held her hand, looking back at the old lady. "Will she live?"

"It's possible, but doubtful. I have never seen a case like this before. The Capitol documents never specified instances like this."

"Do everything you can, I'll give you anything."

The lady nodded, checking with other patients.

"Lucy Gray," Snow whispered, leaning on her cot. "Come back to me, please."

He heard a faint whisper of a sound for a second, but the second passed quickly, followed only by soft breathing.

"Come back to me."