𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑭𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒏 𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒕 1 - 𝑪𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒐𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒖𝒔 𝑺𝒏𝒐𝒘

"We're going back to District 12,"

"What?" A dish shattered somewhere nearby. "What do you mean?"

"I've decided," Snow said, joining Prong's side.

Prong continued scrubbing the dishes. "Why would you? You have everything here."

"I can't convince the Capitol here, they'll send me back to the districts." He gripped the dishes before carefully scrubbing it.

"First time?" Prong asked.

Snow nodded, looking disgusted at the dirty dishes.

"Me too."

"Anyways," Snow cleared his throat. "As I was saying, I don't have any use here, my family is safe and so is Lucy Gray." He glanced back at the tent filled with cots.

The tents were connected only by a thin veil separating by each, but it was deemed easier by everyone.

"Oh. Okay," Prong said, placing the dish down. "Let me go pack my stuff." Snow placed a hand on his shoulder as he turned around.

"Be careful, don't make it obvious. Say your byes to only people you trust and make it quick."

Prong nodded, leaving the tent quickly,

Snow turned around, continuing to scrub the unknown substance off the plate. He sighed as he thought of the days before the wars when they had maids that would clean the dishes on their own. He remembered the school days, before the Academy, when his friends would ask why he would wear the same clothes as the day before. Snow would never know what to say.

Going to the districts once again, how has it gotten like this?

Lucy Gray was barely alive and he was stuck with a kid bent on revenge.

He's just like me, Snow realized.

"Hey, get back to work," A grumpy man said, throwing more dishes. "They aren't going to clean themselves."

"Where's the peacekeepers? Aren't they supposed to help?" Snow asked, holding out a hand before pulling it back.

"Peacekeepers?" The man let out a laugh. "The dust must have gotten into your brain, young man."

"What?"

The man left, leaving Snow wondering.

"The peacekeepers don't help us with things like these anymore." A lady next to him answered. Grey hair filled her small, brown hat with hints of white. She wore a brown and white dress to somewhat complete her look.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Snow asked, leaning in.

"You heard me, the peacekeepers are more focused in the districts. The government gave up on us." She shook her head. "It's better that we finish these so we can help the others recover faster. You know that young lady over there? Some say she will never wake up."

"The one with long brown hair?"

The lady nodded somberly. "I've seen her, never seen a case like this before. Are you with her?"

Snow nodded, lowering the dishes to focus on the lady.

"You might want to prepare for the worse, young man. It's best to move on right now if you can."