𝑹𝒆𝒃𝒆𝒍𝒔 - 𝑲𝒂𝒈𝒆

The tavern was unusually loud tonight, filled with the sound of clanking beer cups and drunken men. The party lasted inside and outside, space for everyone to enjoy this one night before they had to return to the dark reality of the districts.

"We did good tonight boys!" Cap spoke, raising his cup. "Tonight's explosion sent the Capitol folks sprawling!"

A roar of laughter sounded and Kage let out a small chuckle.

"Smiling now Mr. Kage?" Crissy said, passing a small side dish of pickles. "Why aren't you celebrating with the others?"

The waitress had fire-red hair and emerald green eyes, inherited from her infamous mother who was previously in District 1. But after meeting her lover at a party, she had moved down to District 12, only going back after her husband passed away. Small freckles lined across her round nose, just like her father.

"What victory is there to celebrate when we're still district and Capitol? Speaking of which, where's that new boy? The one from the Capitol?" Kage asked, looking around the tavern.

"I don't know but cut him some slack, District 12 is pretty far from the Capitol," Crissy said, clicking her tongue. "But someone we shouldn't cut slack is Dorian over there. He gonna drink himself over."

Kage glanced over at the black-eyed, red-haired man, laughing as he chugged a beer down.

"He ain't that bad once you know him. He's my brother after all." Crissy said. shaking her head. "After dad died it's been pretty hard on that one."

"Dorian's a good soldier," Kage said, giving an encouraging smile.

Truthfully, Dorian had never come to any of the secret training or missions, but one thing he hated doing was disappointing his sister; He would always show up only when it benefited both of them.

"Alright, Kage, thank you, I truly mean it." Crissy gave one last warm smile before shouting over the noise. "Now who wants some extra beer on the house?"

Another roar followed from the crowd as she made her way through.

Kage placed down his drink and quickly grabbed a pickle as he walked away from the stand. "I'm going early tonight, Cap."

Cap nodded at him. "You did good today, K. Come back next time and I'll grab you a little something."

Kage smiled gratefully and exited out of the tavern, pushing his way through.

He thought of the plane he had made that caused the explosion in the Capitol. Kage didn't mind that people had scattered from their party, but what chilled him the most was the sight of the blue eyes. Blue eyes that stared right into him, almost as if looking into his soul.

He could never forget the man's hair. His hair...it was as if it was made of snow.

No one had ever looked up after an attack, they had always looked down.

Unusual colors, for an unusual person.