𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑺𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒔 - 𝑪𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒐𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒖𝒔 𝑺𝒏𝒐𝒘

He watched as the rope snapped and Prong started falling over.

This can't be real. The two had made it this far, that boy had made it this far. When they were just about to be fine, something like this had happened.

Snow almost jumped trying to grab the rope, barely grabbing it as he hung off the cart's edge.

It seemed that Prong had lost consciousness, it was up to Snow to save him. He tugged the rope as hard as he could, careful not to unravel the clothes tied together. 

The bridge, the realization hit him like a stone wall. He peaked toward his left and noticed the ledge sloping off in a few feet. Panic settled in as he tugged harder, bringing Prong up slowly and surely. It wasn't hard to heave up the body but with the wind not in his favor, Snow struggled. 

With one last tug, Snow let go of the ledge he was holding and moved to the back of the cart, his back hitting the metal. It was risky but it had worked. Prong now dangled just below him. Snow grabbed his right hand and hauled him up, breathing hard as sweat dripped down his face.

Prong remained motionless as he lay in the middle of the cart. Snow closed the cart door before doing anything else, ensuring that none of them flew out of the train. 

After the howling of the wind stopped whistling in Snow's ear, now only a faint sound, he leaned against the wall, tired. His body fell to the floor, slumping over. 

Snow peered at Prong and crawled over to him, checking for a pulse. He placed two fingers just below Prong's jaw and felt a soft pulse. 

It must've been shock, Snow concluded, falling on his back as he tried to catch his breath. Everything's fine, we're on our way now. We're getting closer to our goal. District 12.

Snow suddenly shuddered at the sudden thought of the district. The district he had been sent to to be with Lucy Gray, who was still injured in the tent. The district he had been sent to as punishment for his mistake at the Hunger Games.

A soft chuckle left Snow's mouth as he stared at the ceiling of the cart, light seeping through the cracks, barely making anything visible in the cart.

I've always slept under the stars but now I'm sleeping in a box. Something I've never imagined doing.