𝑽𝒊𝒅𝒂 - 𝑳𝒖𝒄𝒚 𝑮𝒓𝒂𝒚

She had missed the train. Lucy Gray stared at the tracks, smelling the faint scent of burning coal. It would take days for it to come back. She knew that there was no hope, the food would never last this long.

The sun that had beaten down on her during her time at the wall was now covered by angry clouds. The same clouds that had covered the sun when she had arrived at the Capitol with Coriolanus Snow. Coriolanus Snow, the name was like a faint memory. 

She didn't remember the last time she had seen his face. His blonde hair had probably grown, the way his eyes lit up when he was laughing. An empty feeling filled her stomach but she pushed it aside, ignoring the feeling. 

He had left her when she was vulnerable when she was weak. What could stop him from doing something worse when she was awake? But she had already seen it all, especially when he had admitted to killing three people, mostly to save her but she couldn't wash the blood off her hands. Even when they weren't her hands.

Deciding there was nothing better to do, she sat down, spreading her stuff on the grassy floor, rationing her clothes and food. When pulling out the things from her bag, she noticed a small pocket knife that must've been slipped in. A note was attached to it. 

"Stay safe. Safe travels." Lucy Gray said, reading aloud to no one but herself. 

She held the pocket knife up and examined it, pulling it out of its cover. It shined against the dark skies when she held it up. Engraved on the knife, she noticed the words "Vida."

Lucy Gray's eyes darkened as a thought hit her. She held her hair in her right hand, the other hand occupied by the knife. A breath escaped her lips as she assessed what she was about to do. 

"This is for the better." She said, assuring herself before letting the blade fall on her long hair.