𝑶𝒏𝒆 𝑪𝒂𝒍𝒍 - 𝑻𝒊𝒈𝒓𝒊𝒔

A ring filled the quiet apartment room.

"I'll get it!" Tigris shouted, running toward the black wired phone.  "Hello? This is Snow residence, you are speaking to Tigris Snow."

"Tigris," A soft voice said from the other end.

"Snow!" Tigris looked around before whispering again. "Snow! You're alive! How?"

"Look, I don't have a lot of time to explain, I only have a minute before they'll cut the line, but I'm in the camp right now, the one on the outer banks near the walls."

"What are you doing there? What are you doing here!" Tigris asked, placing a hand over her mouth.

"Tigris? Who is it?" A voice asked from afar.

"Is that Grandmother?" Snow asked, "Can I talk to her?"

"It's nothing Grandma'am, just a regular call from a friend." She then lowered her voice. "Coryo, Grandma'am would faint right now if she heard you! Aren't you supposed to be in the districts? District 12?"

"I came back for you and grandma, Tigris. We could go to the districts and live a quiet life! No more worrying about status!"

Tigris grew silent before whispering, "You're lying, aren't you, Coriolanus."

The other end grew silent. "It's not-"

The line cut off, leaving a small static to signal the end of the call.

Tigris shook her head, hanging the phone back onto its stand. She pulled out a small photo from her pocket, a photo with Coriolanus, Tigris, and Grandma'am. It was taken before the war, before they had lost their riches. The three had bright smiles and clean clothes. Tigris remembered it was the day Coriolanus had first lost his tooth.

She folded the picture again before placing it in her pocket once again.

How had it gotten this way?