𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒆𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 - 𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒈

"Prong," A voice nudged him.

"Huh?" Prong sleepily opened his eyes. "Something wrong? What's wrong?"

"Get up, we need to get ready for class." 

A person with black hair came into view. Familiar eyes and a smile greeted him.

"Ash?" Prong to up, quickly awakened. "How?" He breathed.

"What?"

"But you..." Prong faltered. His brother had passed away, how was this possible?

"Don't be stupid, let's go to the Academy, or else the professor will yell at us. Or me. Again." Ash rolled his eyes. Anyway, parents are in the city again, working as usual. Nothing's new today. Hey woah, why are you crying?"

"Huh?" Prong lifted a hand to his face, surprised by the small stain on his white shirt. "Oh, I'm just glad I got to see you."

"Don't start with the sappy stuff. What's wrong with you this morning? Did bees get into your head?" Kai let out a small laugh before rechecking his watch.

Silver. The same ones that were gifted to Prong.

"Okay now we're really late, we need to go. Like now."

Prong nodded, sliding off his bed and grabbing his stuff. 

"Hey," A voice said, echoing in his thoughts. "Hey, you there?"

"Ash?" Prong turned around, expecting his brother to be right next to him. He was gone. The room morphed into a spiral as Prong tried to get out, running down the flight of stairs and into the lobby. 

"Can I help you, sir?" A lady at the front said, concern lining her face.

Prong breathed heavily, panting as he ran out the lobby door. 

"No! This isn't real! No!" He covered his ears as he heard his name over and over again, in the voice of his brother.

A hand shook him awake, scaring him half to death.

"You okay?" Snow asked, concern lining his face.

"Oh yeah," Prong said, sweat dripping down his face. "It's nothing, just a dream."

Snow was quiet before nodding. "Okay, come on, let's go then. We're almost at the train."

"Really?" Prong asked, hope fluttering in his chest.

"Yep, come on." Snow rolled up the sleeping bag and shoved it into his camping bag.

Prong followed him short after, down the hill and near the wall. This was the second time he had walked to the wall, but it still sent a shiver down his spine.

Identification didn't matter when leaving, but the two had received strange glances from the peacekeepers at the front. Prong kept his head down, scared one might recognize him.

"Don't keep your head," Snow instructed. "It makes you look vulnerable. Vulnerability makes you weak."

Prong gave a nod before, slowly lifting his head to the peacekeepers. "Good day," He gave a head nod.

The two peacekeepers stared at each other, as if stunned. "Good day to you too," One responded.

Snow let out a chuckle before masking his face with a hand. "Good."

Prong and Snow continued on their journey, walking on the grassy fields, away from the walls. Away from the Capitol. "We're one step closer."

--------------

In the medic tent, the doctors and nurses bustled around, still attending to the wounded. A small girl walked through the cots, staring at each person and chatting for a bit.

The girl stopped in front of a cot, looking into the patient's brown eyes. She held her pink stuffed bunny closer to herself. 

"Hello," She said softly.

The patient looked back, eyes dull. "Hello, young one. Who might you be?"

"Willa," The girl replied giving a toothy grin. "No one's asked my name before."

"Willa," The patient patted the girl's blonde hair. "Where might the man with snow-white hair be?"

"He left!" Willa pointed to the entrance of the tent. "One or two days go."

Lucy Gray stared out the tent, sunlight spilling through. "I see."