𝑮𝒓𝒆𝒚 𝑺𝒌𝒊𝒆𝒔 - 𝑪𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒐𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒖𝒔 𝑺𝒏𝒐𝒘

He was moving out again. Out of the Capitol. Out of the home he was so desperate to go back to after he was wronged.

"You ready?" Prong asked, throwing the strap over his shoulder.

"Of course," Snow said, gathering things into his bag.

"Let's go before it starts to rain."

Snow looked up, observing the now-darkening skies.

The day had been slow, too slow. It felt as if days had passed but it was only two thirty.

"You should check on her," Prong said, giving a glance toward the tents.

Snow walked wordlessly back up the hill. Thoughts swarmed his head at the thought of Lucy Gray not coming back.

The doctor promised but Snow noticed the worried glances that nurses exchanged.

As he walked in, he gave a slight nod to the nurses and doctors and made his way towards Lucy Gray. A doctor stood next to her.

"Doctor," Snow said, looking at him. "What news?"

"Good progress, the best we've probably seen in days."

"That's good," Snow gently grabbed Lucy Gray's hands. The past days had been lonely without her but he managed. "Come back to me."

"The fire must have taken a toll on her. I've also observed that it could be stress that's been built on top of each other."

"Stress?" Snow turned his head curiously towards the doctor.

"Has she experienced any type of stress related to relations or maybe leaving home?"

"I-" Snow faltered. "Perhaps a bit."

"I see." The doctor rubbed his chin. "This could be a way to cope. I say that she is in peace right now, resting. But she will come back. Eventually."

"In peace?" Snow echoed. "You make it sound as though she passed."

"We're not sure. As we said before."

"I see," Snow said, biting on the side of his mouth. "Good day, doctor." He turned, walking out of the tent as soon as possible. 

"Sir! What about her!" The doctor exclaimed.

"What about her?" Snow said.

The doctor faltered. "How should I contact you?"

"Jabberjay. Letter." Snow said shortly. "I don't care, just let me know."

"Mr. Coriolanus," the doctor from the other day asked, holding onto his arm. "She needs you, why are you leaving?"

"It's my duty," Snow said, shaking off the hand. "I made a promise. Snow's always keep their promise."

*Will resume the story again on Dec. 27th! Merry Christmas!*