𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑭𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒏 𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒕 2 - 𝑪𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒐𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒖𝒔 𝑺𝒏𝒐𝒘

Snow ran toward the cot that Lucy Gray laid in. He grabbed her hands, landing on his knees. They were stone cold.

"Lucy Gray? Lucy Gray!" Snow shouted, not caring about the world for a second. "You promised, you promised me." Tears slid down his face as he leaned over in the cot.

"Sir, you're disturbing her," A lady rushed toward his side, trying to shake him off.

"Let go!" He pushed her off, gripping onto Lucy Gray's hand.

"Young man," A male doctor said, rushing to catch the female nurse. "Please don't do this in here. She is recovering."

"Be honest, will she ever come back?" Snow asked, turning around to face the doctor.

"I-" The doctor sweated, trying to answer his question. "We aren't sure."

The doctor was young for his age, perhaps in his late twenties with smooth black hair and young brown eyes. A look of fear burrowed itself into his eyes as Snow inched closer and closer to the doctor.

Snow grabbed the doctor by his collar. "I am the son of Crassus Snow, you will listen to me."

"A Snow!" The doctor exclaimed before being muffled by Snow's hand.

"You will listen to me and shut your mouth. You will not announce to the whole tent what I have told you, if you do, you will be met with the power of House Snow. Do you understand?"

The doctor nodded, slowly pulling himself out of Snow's grip. "Of course."

Snow nodded firmly before letting the doctor go. "You will send me a letter when she is awake."

"Are you going somewhere? Sir?" He added.

"Nowhere you need to know." Snow walked out of the tent into the sun. He placed a hand over his face, blocking the sun.

"Lovely weather today?" A old lady said.

"The best we've had so far." Snow said, nodding his head slightly to the lady.

"Tell me, young man, what do you plan to do after all this is over?" The old lady with blonde-white hair said. She was a sweet, round lady with a cherry nose and a smile almost as bright as the sun.

"I'm not sure," Snow said, surprised by the sudden question. "I guess go back home?"

"Where is your home?" The old lady asked, giving a toothy smile.

"In the Capitol of course."

"I see." The lady paused. "The burden only gets lighter from here if you tell."

Snow turned in surprise. "What?"

"Oh my! Would you look at that!" She covered her mouth. "It's time for my afternoon tea!"

As she went back into the hill she gave a small wave and a "goodbye."

Snow stood for a while, thinking of what the lady had meant.

What burden? I don't have any burdens on me.

He shrugged off the strange feeling and followed the lady into the tent. He made his way toward the medic tent and asked for the same doctor from earlier. The doctor made his way nervously to the front, his hands full of remedies and medicine.

"Can I help you, sir?" A sweat trickled down his face.

Snow looked away before mumbling a few words. When he realized the doctor didn't understand he spoke louder.

"I meant to say I'm apologize what happened...earlier. The stress was-"

The doctor placed the bottles of medicine and remedies to a nearby table, and placed a hand on Snow's shoulder, giving a sad smile.

"In times like this, it isn't surprising for emotions to get somewhat out of control. You weren't the first one and you won't be the last. But you are the first person to apologize."

The doctor gave a tight squeeze before he gathered his bottles again. "This was a nice conversation, truly, but I must get going. Especially if I want to help your friend."

Snow stepped aside, letting the nurses and doctors rush past him. This time, he did not get in their way.