𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑼𝒏𝒅𝒚𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑭𝒊𝒓𝒆 - 𝑷𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒈

The light beat down on his face. Prong didn't remember the last time the sun had shined so brightly. Everything around him was vibrant and full of life. The grass was green, the sky blue, and the endless fields filled with various flowers.

But it was silent. "Hello?" Prong called out to nothing. He tried again. "Anyone there? Snow? Ash? Mom?"

If anyone was there, they did not make themselves visible or heard.

Prong slumped to the grass, bored. The last time he was on the verge of death but now he was here.

Am I dead?

He extended his arms in front of his and inspected his hands. He was very much alive. 

"Hmmm, strange." He stood and walked around the field, examining the flowers one by one. They were all real. "What is this place?" He looked at the sky, it seemed unusual how sunny it was. 

Prong grabbed a rock from the ground and threw it in the air, but there was no reaction from the nature around him. 

"What-"

A scream echoed from another field nearby and Prong instantly crouched down. But when he strained his ears, he heard laughter. 

Was there anyone here?

He quickly but quietly made his way toward the laughter that now filled the air. As he went closer, he heard the sound of grunting and metal clashing.

People sparring?

Prong noticed that the fields ended in a cliff, hovering above the lands below. When he crawled his way up, careful not to disturb anything around him, he looked over the edge.

A camp. A camp full of children running around and older men sparring with swords, the sound of raw metal clashing against each other. Most women were quietly chatting outside while the other women were sparring or practicing archery.

He couldn't believe his eyes. Was this a secret district? People outside of the Capitol and districts?

When one of the men turned his back, Prong narrowed his eyes, noticing the emblem on the back of the shirt. 

It was similar to the Capitol's emblem but modified. In a way that mocked the Capitol. There was a lion with wings, instead of a bird, scratching olive branches, and in the middle of the lion's eye was a number.

Prong's heart stopped.

He could be wrong but he wasn't sure at all. Inside the lion's eye, the number 12 was listed along with the word 'District' proudly bantered under the lion's eye.

Before he could forget, he looked around and took in the surroundings. Tall, green trees and bushes that stretched for miles on a grassy field. He had seen these trees before, from the television back at the Capitol. The Capitol had broadcasted them when they were attempting an experiment on the district lands, away from the Capitol to ensure the citizen's safety.

This was District 12, and they were the District 12 rebels. Hatred curled inside of him, remembering his brother's cruel death, as he slid away from eyesight and walked in the opposite direction of the camp.

Prong was going to find a way out, whatever it took. Even if peacekeepers by the millions came to stop him, no one could extinguish the newfound motivation in him. He was determined to seek revenge for his brother and would stop at nothing to make it happen. Now that he knew where they were, he was ready to hunt them down one by one.

End of part 2