𝑼𝒏𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝑻𝒆𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚 - 𝑳𝒖𝒄𝒚 𝑮𝒓𝒂𝒚

Lucy Gray stared at Snow, hoping for him to jump at her and tell her it was a joke. Never in a million years had she ever thought about sneaking into the Capitol, but here she was, hiding behind Snow in a bush as they tried to find an entrance. 

The two were supposed to go to the outskirts of District 11, but when they arrived on the outskirts of the Capitol, Snow insisted on entering it. Lucy Gray shook off a feeling of uncertainty, fully believing that Snow had a plan.

Over the towering walls, peaking through, was a golden statue with a lady crossing two swords across her head. It reflected the lights off, showing off its beauty and power. She heard the sounds of children playing near the walls, cars, and heels clicking against the floors, unlike the factories in District 12 where all you heard day and night was the sound of clinking and clanking.

"You ready?" Snow said, squeezing her hand before pointing to a small crevice in the wall where they could slip through. She had truthfully never agreed to the plan, but since she had nowhere to go, she followed Snow like a lost puppy. 

Lucy Gray gave him a nod, "You go first, it's suspicious if we both go together."

Snow thought for a minute. "You're right, I'll go first and signal you."

"Be careful," Lucy Gray said, eyes staring tenderly into his eyes.

"I will," Snow said. He then leaned in and gave a soft kiss that brushed along her lips. They both understood the risk of what he was about to do, but Snow was willing to do it anyway. Lucy Gray had never met someone quite like him. Jessup had been her friend in the districts, but Snow was her companion everywhere.

Snow got ready to go through the wall, past the peacekeepers, and into the Capitol. "Wait," he said, abruptly. 

Lucy Gray started noticing how cars were starting to go through the Capitol's walls, stopping at the station to check their IDs with the peacekeepers. The line had expanded miles as far as she could see. 

She started to observe how the once bright sun overhead them had turned into a more sunset, giving less exposure to their surroundings. "Coryo," he said, nudging Snow's side. "What if we went in the dark? We could stay here and wait. It looks like there might be a party or festival of some sort."

"A party?" Snow whispered to himself. "What could they possibly be throwing a party for?"

Lucy Gray watched as his eyes turned dull, remembering his days in the Capitol. "Hey, it's okay, we're getting in tonight no matter what."

Snow nodded backing away from the bush slowly, careful not to make any sound. "Come on, Lucy Gray, let me see if I could get a message over the wall."

"Are you out of your mind?" She exclaimed. Realizing her mistake, she lowered her voice. "The peacekeepers will find it. You know what they did to Sejanus, they won't hesitate to do it to you too, Coriolanus."

Snow stiffened before continuing his journey deeper into the trees. "If I get caught, I didn't come here with anyone. You will run back to your district, say I kidnapped you, and join The Covey again. You understand?" He walked over to Lucy Gray in three strides, placing his hands on her shoulder. "I said, do you understand?"

Lucy Gray nodded slowly, following him as he walked deeper into the forest again. "Don't worry Lucy Gray, I won't let you go. If you die, I die with you." Snow said, reaching for her hand and giving it a squeeze.