𝑾𝒆 𝑨𝒍𝒍 𝑫𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒎... - 𝑪𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒐𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒖𝒔 𝑺𝒏𝒐𝒘

The walk to the train was long, longer than Snow had remembered. On the way, he sometimes wondered if Lucy Gray had woken up. No letters had seemed to reach them, but Snow knew that the letter would ever reach them. Especially when they were this far from the Capitol with no scent trail. The two had made sure they covered their tracks while walking. No one could know where they were going.

"You're not here to stay, are you," Tigris said softly. 

"What do you mean?" Snow asked, twirling the telephone line with his finger.

"You know what I mean, Coriolanus."

"I'll come back soon, I promise. I need to get rid of the kid's...anger."

"Coriolanus, what are you going to do with the kid?" Tigris asked, suddenly alarmed.

"Nothing, Tigris, why are you always worried?" 

The other end of the phone line was quiet. Snow tapped the phone, wondering where she had gone. 

"I will come back Tigris, and when I do, I will return stronger. Strong enough to win over the Capitol and take back our name."

There was a sigh before the other end hung up the line. Snow stared at the phone, shocked. How dare she?

"Snow," Prong said, snapping him out of his head. "Once we reach District 12, what do you think will happen?"

"Who knows? Maybe they'll be dead, gone, or still alive?" He shrugged.

"How optimistic," Prong muttered.

"I'm just telling the truth," Snow said, pushing through the fields of green glass.

"I see," Prong said, hanging his head low.

Snow cleared his throat. "But it's okay to hope still."

Prong lifted his head, hope filling his eyes. 

"Anyways," Snow said, looking away. "The train should be here soon."

Prong looked at the train tracks. "How soon is soon?"

"Minutes, hours, days. Who knows?" Snow shrugged. "But we're stuck here for now until it comes."

Prong sat on the floor, unpacking his bags. "Might as well set up camp before we freeze to death."

"In summer?"

He shrugged. "Suit yourself."

Snow shook his head before joining to help Prong with the tent.  After the small blue tent had been pitched, the two lay inside, staring up at nothing.

"What are you planning on doing after this whole thing is over?" Prong asked.

"I haven't thought about it," Snow said, shrugging. Truthfully, he had already made plans to return to the Capitol once it was all over and become a part of the government in one way or another. He would take any job, of course, that is higher than a janitor or a servant. "What about you?"

"I think I might return too. To the Capitol I mean," Prong added, answering Snow's questioning look.

"Oh," Snow let out a sigh of relief. "I thought you meant you were staying in the districts. With them."

Prong gave a weary glance at Snow. "That wouldn't be so bad, then I wouldn't have to look good for anyone."

"Is that what you think about the Capitol? Looking good for others?" Propping himself on his elbow, giving a long, hard stare at Prong.

"Don't look at me like that, you know I'm telling the truth," Prong said, pushing Snow away. "Joining the districts-"

"Stop," Snow commanded, shaking his head. "If you say one more word, I'm going to leave you right here."

Prong shut his mouth but thoughts filled his head. What would happen if I fell behind? Would Snow help me back up? 

He threw another glance at Snow, who seemed to have dozed off into a soft snore. Prong rolled over to his left, hoping the dreams would come to find him as they did for Snow. 

But the dreams never came.