Chapter 5

Elliot

I followed the scent to a closed door. Why would the wonderful smell lead to a basement?

Before I could open the door, I was roughly yanked back.

"You're forbidden from going down there." Ross growled, seemingly less intoxicated.

"If I dare ask, why?"

He shrugged, "Must there be a reason?"

"Yes, there is always a reason. Nobody is as innocent as they appear to be. Brandon grab him, hold him back. I want to see what he is hiding."

As Brandon obeyed, I race down the stairs, the delicious smell getting stronger.

The basement was dark, with a horrid smell, blood maybe. I couldn't quite concentrate with that aroma that wafted around me, surrounding me. It was making my inner wolf go crazy.

Uneasiness settled in the pit of my stomach. Something smelt really good.

Either my mate was down here, or this pack secretly owned a raspberry farm.

As crazy as it sounds, I prefer the latter. No living form should be down here. Just from being here for two minutes, I had a chill.

"Hello?" I called out, praying for some response. I couldn't see where I was going and the scent was clouding my senses.

I strained my ears to hear something, anything, but all was still.

I followed the trail to the corner. Even with my night vision, I couldn't see anything.

But then, perhaps the darkest shadow, moved just a shift to the left.

I realized it wasn't a shadow. It was a person, cowered in the depths of this god-forsaken place.