Chapter 6

Girl

I pushed myself towards the farthest corner of the freezing basement. It was scary to know that being part animal, I should never feel cold, but the endless shivers and goosebumps rocking my body thought otherwise.

I strained my ears and heard threatening growls and shouts from just above the stairs.

"Aren't you excited?" My inner wolf asked, sounding like an excited pup. I can almost see her running around in circles.

"What am I supposed to be excited about?" " I asked back. Why was she acting this way?

"Mate!" She shouts, her voice ringing in my head.

I don't get a chance to reply. I hear cautious footsteps walking down the steps.

This is different. Normally people walk down here with confidence, knowing I can't do anything.

"Hello?" A sexy voice calls out, leaving my wolf panting.

"He is here to save us! Call out to him!" She urges but I ignore her.

He wasn't going to save us. He was just like any other male, arrogant and rude.

I quietly rest my head on the chilly wall. This was my end. I know it.

"If he sees us, we shift and run. Got it?" I murmur, even in my head I sound nervous.

"Okay, fine. I will lend you some of my limited strength, you'll need it. He's an Alpha."

I almost whimper. I had no hope to escape.

When I look up, soft eyes meet mine, and I do exactly what I planned.

I run.