Chapter 17

Elliot

I smell like Fruit Loops to her. Out of all the possibilities, I smell like cereal.

I should smell manly, like pine trees or axe.

It's okay, though. It made her laugh, and I have never heard a more beautiful sound.

It lasted only a mere second, but in that second I saw her eyes light up, her shoulders relax, her small grin turned into a smile. It was pure magic.

She seemed so ashamed by that sound but I hope she knows now that I could live off of that sound.

I want to hear it every moment of every day.

After a long ride, we finally arrived in our town.

It actually felt like home. It's always been home, but with my mate by my side, it's truly home. I was finally whole.

When we pull into the driveway of our packhouse, I scramble out quickly, opening Echo's door for her.

She glances at me with wide, terrified eyes. Her small hands shake in her lap.

I sink to my knees so I am eye level, "It's okay. They won't hurt you, they will love you." Flashing her a grin, I take one of her soft hands and lead her to the door.

When I reach for the doorknob, she let's out an adorable whimper, her eyes glazing with unshed tears.

"Hey, what's the matter, love? You have absolutely nothing to be afraid of." I pull her to my chest, wrapping my arms around her tiny frame. I place a lasting kiss on her hair.

I keep her against my side, and open the door.

The pack house is buzzing. I had informed them earlier that we would be arriving, and everyone did everything they could to make a warm welcome for their new Luna.

As soon as I stepped in, all movement stopped, and all eyes were on us.