Chapter 20

Echo

His wolf was so sexy, contrasting against mine in a way that I had never seen. We were night and day.

We chased each other for what felt like hours, stopping in a clearing to take a break.

I nudged him, yipping like a pup. He snorted, nudging me back. I shivered, his nose was cold.

We continued to play until I got sleepy.

I curled into a ball, hoping to feel the warmth of my mate, only to find him walking away.

I whined, watching him come back as human. I wanted to play some more.

He chuckled, pulling me into his lap, "You're so beautiful. You feel like silk." He murmured, trailing his fingers along my spine.

I purred slightly, loving the feeling of being so close. So warm. I think for once, this happiness, will stay as happiness. He is my mate, and will do anything to protect me.

He stroked me gently. He liked to tickle me, and to scratch me behind my ear.

"We have to go sweetheart, it's dinner time. The pack is waiting." He muttered.

I curled into him more. I didn't want this to end. This moment was perfect. I didn't want to see the pack anymore, anyway.

"I'll carry you, and you can shift in our room. Okay?" He doesn't wait for an answer. He picks me up and starts the small journey back to the house.