Chapter 14

Echo

I didn't expect to be so well rested in the morning. I only agreed to sleep with my mate because of my fear. But, as I had layed there, I thought about it. He has been nothing but nice and sweet and caring.

That's when I rolled over into his embrace, getting a sleep that I haven't had in forever.

I woke at the same time I always did, something that will always be embedded in me.

In the morning darkness, I traced the shape of my mate's face in the dark. He had little ears, and a slightly crooked nose. His light colored hair flopped right above his eyes. I think they were blue.

I managed a tiny smile, allowing myself to relax.

As if he sensed my emotions, his eyes opened, "What are you doing up so early, sweetheart?" His mouth curved into a grin.

I shrugged, snuggling myself into the crook of his neck.

"The bathroom in this place is really nice. Want to get in the jacuzzi tub?" His eyes lit up.

I gave another shrug. That would be awkward, but he is my mate.

"How about a walk? Around town?" He gently reaches up to tuck a piece of hair behind my ear, but I flinch back, afraid.

"I won't hurt you." He murmurs, reaching up again.

I tense, but don't flinch.

"See?" He smiles, "Progress. Why don't you take a nice shower and then we can go take a walk. Okay?"

I nod, letting out a little mewl of a yawn, stretching my muscles.

"I don't have any clothes for you, you didn't have any. While you shower, I will go to Walmart and buy you some clothes, just for now." He says softly.

I tilt my head.

"See? Our mate will take care of us." My wolf yips.

Gaining a new found confidence, a new hope, I give him a real smile, before disappearing in the bathroom.