Chapter 11

Elliot

Her name is Echo. What a beautiful name.

I lean over and place a kiss on the top of her head, whimpering when she flinches.

I get back in the car and we are off again. I can't help but get angry at the fact that she won't speak. Not at her, but at what was once her pack. They traumatized her, made her feel worthless.

Now, it's my job to make her feel like the only person on the planet, because for me, she is.

"Do you like music?" Brandon asks, turning around to talk to her.

Her eyes widen and she shrugs. Does she even know what music is? I let out another broken whimper and turn on the radio, stopping when she claps her hands to a Disney song.

"You like this?" I ask her, watching her briefly through the mirror.

She nods, a teeny tiny smile on her features. It hasn't even been a day and we are already making progress.

She curls into my jacket, her eyes shut, but her fingers tapping to the beat.

"You better take care of her. You know my mate and I will hurt you if you hurt her." Brandon murmurs, completely serious.

I growl, not like the disrespect, but quickly calm down, knowing he is just looking out for Echo.

"As long as you do the same."

"There's no doubt, she's already my little sister." He glances back at the now sleeping form.

Brandon smirks and turns the radio, changing to some rap station.

"Don't wake her." I hiss.

"Chill man, it's not that loud." He puts his feet on the dashboard, trying to look cool.

I let a chuckle and shake my head. Brandon can find the humor in the worst situations.

"Do you think the pack will approve?" I ask him after a moment. I don't want them to reject her. She's so fragile.

"The pack will love her."