Chapter 18

Echo

All eyes were on me. I stared at my feet, wishing the floor would just swallow me whole.

The once silent room quickly filled with loud, excited shouts and squeals of joy. My mate and I were quickly enclosed with people, pushing us into the wall.

"She's so beautiful!"

"Welcome Luna!"

"We've been waiting for this day!"

It was so overwhelming. I looked up at my mate to see him looking down at me.

"Hey!" He shouted, getting their attention but causing me to flinch. He flashed me an apologetic smile before turning back to the pack, "Now, I know you are excited, we all are, but-" He was cut off by a really excited squeal.

Someone threw themselves at me, wrapping their arms around my shoulders. Who was this girl?

"Oh my gosh! It's so nice to meet you! I'm Macy, Brandon's mate."

"Macy." Brandon breathed from behind us. He quickly pulled her in for a tight hug. I turned away, not wanting to intrude.

My mate didn't continue, he simply pulled me to his side, "May I show you to our section of this huge house?"

I nodded shyly, and let myself be guided by him. I didn't look around. I always got in trouble for being too curious, so I left my head down.

"This is our place. Brandon's looks just like this but downstairs." Elliot murmured, pulling me into his chest, "The pack will want us to eat dinner with us, if that's okay."

I nodded. I'd at least try, for him.

"What do you want to do?" He whispered against my hair.

I wanted to run. I needed to shift. My wolf wanted to explore my mate's territory.

I don't think he'd get mad if I asked...

I glanced up pleadingly, hoping he caught on.

He, being my mate and all, did, and smiled, "Want to run and play in the woods?"

I giggled a bit, the sound weird out of my mouth. None the less, we both ran out the front door, ignoring the questioning stares of the pack.

(Do you like the new cover? :p)