Chapter 13

Elliot

Watching Echo sleep in the backseat made me realize how happy I am right now. Just months ago, I was different, doing things that I now regret.

But, seeing this beauty that sleeps ever so peaceful has me seeing the sun again.

She is my light.

I love everything about her already. The way her eyes light up with curiosity and fascination. The way her nose wrinkles when she gets confused. Everything about her is amazing. She is amazing.

"You're day-dreaming again. Pull over and let me drive, you look exhausted." Brandon says softly, grinning.

Without arguing, I get out to let him drive.

I turn around once more, making sure this is actually happening, before slipping off into my own world.

Content.

_____________________________________

"Hey," Brandon shakes me awake, "Want to stop here for the evening? We've been driving for a little over half a day. We should get a good night's rest at this hotel."

I glance at the decent place and shrug. We all needed time to stretch our limbs anyway.

Brandon waits in the car while I get a room, a hard task considering the place is packed.

"Only one room was available. You take one room, I will take the other. I'll have to share a bed with Echo." I murmur to Brandon, a sleeping sweetheart in my arms.

I reluctantly shake her awake, wanting to warn her about us sharing a bed, just so I don't frighten her.

"Is it okay if we share a bed?" I purr gently, once her eyes open. They widen considerable with the question, but she slowly nods.

I take one side and she takes the other. The close proximity kills me. I yearn to touch her, to hold her, to feel her skin against mine.

I think she feels the pull too, because she rolls over, sliding into my embrace.

I let out a happy sigh, tugging her impossibly closer.

If I die now, I will die a happy man.

Comment?♡♡