Chapter 2

Girl

They tell me I don't deserve a name. I have one, everyone has a name, but I am not allowed to speak it unless asked.

They tell me I don't deserve a mate. If he ever found me, he would reject me. I am nothing worthy to love.

For as long as I can remember, it's always been this way. Nothing more, nothing less.

I wake with darkness, nothing to wake me up but my anxious heart pounding in my ears.

He would come down any minute, kick me, punch me, then tell me my chores for the day.

I hear the heavy footsteps and I sit up, waiting.

___________________________

I pulled the laundry from the dryer, replacing the load with another. This was normal, the washer and dryer were never empty. There was always something to clean.

As I finish folding the clothes, I am grabbed from behind. I feel warm breath on my neck, giving me uncomfortable shivers.

"They will be here any minute. What are you doing still out, bitch? Go to the filthy basement you filthy slut."

My face stings as his hand comes in contact with my cheek, the force knocking me into the wall.

His menacing glare sends me running toward my 'room'.

I curl up, using my heightened senses to listen for anything. Maybe the Alpha who is visiting will save me.

I almost laugh at the thought. No one will even know I am down here.

I can't leave until they're gone.

That means no chores, but that also means no food or water.

"I'm sorry." My inner wolf whimpers.

"We both don't have the strength to escape. It's not our fault."

Being a wolf, I have the ability to talk to her. She is the only thing I will actually talk to.

I rest my head against the wall and sigh. It was going to be a long night.