Chapter 15

Elliot

Walking down the bare streets with my mate tucked in my side was the best feeling in the world.

She was letting me touch her, a privilege that I will never be able to thank her enough for.

She trusts me. My Echo trusts me.

Because it was so early, nothing was opened, but that's okay. Anything with Echo was enjoyable.

I glanced down at her to see her taking everything in with wide, curious eyes.

"Adorable." My wolf sighs.

I smile in silent agreemen, she was perfect.

As we walk passed a particular bakery, we notice a lady turning the sign to open.

Echo tugs on my shirt, staring at me with pleading eyes.

I give a light chuckle, tugging her in the store with me, "C'mon."

The lady greets us poliely, offering us her assitance.

"What would you like, sweetheart?" I murmur in her ear.

Her lips turn up and she shrugs, the gesture so cute that I can't resist kissing her nose.

"You can have anything you like." I tug her into my chest, my arms wrapping around her torso.

Her eyebrows furrow with the decision, until she hesitantly points to a small sugar cookie.

I ordered four, all for her, and a muffin for Brandon and I.

As we walk back to our hotel, she stops, causing me to turn and look at her.

She comes crashing into me, wrapping her frail arms around me, as if she were saying thank you.

When we part from our hug, I lift her eyes to meet mine, "My money is yours. I am going to spoil you with everything you can think of when we get home. Something like this," I gesture to our bag of baked goods, "is a perfect example. You deserve everything and more."

She gives me a small smile, reaching up to kiss my cheek. The smile that splits my face is so big that I can't help but laugh bashfully.

She's amazing.

(Comment and Vote!)