Chapter 1

Chapter 1
- Pay Off -

" ... Then I'll be discharged from the hospital tomorrow . Ah. "

The doctor sighed and wrote something on the chart and handed it to the nurse . The young doctor , who had become accustomed to taking care of my wounds , looked at me and did not forget to ask me every time .

" The scars on the outside is healing well , but you shouldn't move your body just looking at it . Even though the knife luckily avoided your organs , you are still wounded inside . Not only the outside but the inside is also healing . Inflammation may occur......so I don't know if this will happen again , so if you move too hard ... "

" Yes . "

I interrupted his speech and The doctor cut his words short and nodded his head .

When I was able to move my body a bit , I was doing push - ups or walking down the stairs of a building back and forth . Ever since he found out about this , the doctor has been scolding me every time . As an answer , I was just begging to be discharged every time . Of course , I couldn't stand the stuffiness of my body , so I continued to exercise . The doctor lowered his gaze to my stomach and sighed again . Now , the bandages were removed and a gauze the size of the palm of my hand was applied . It's a small size that looks like everything is better for me , but the doctor didn't forget to say one more time .

" Don't do any strenuous exercise . "

T/N: sorry doc but no promises there ☠️

nod .

Of course not . Because the only hard workouts for me are fighting to the death with a knife. However , the doctor didn't forget to look at me suspiciously as he left , perhaps because my answer was
was uncertain . The nurse who remained behind congratulated me unlike the doctor .

" It would be nice to be discharged from the hospital , because no one worked out as hard as Taemin Lee . "

Mixing laughter in her words , she added , as if thinking of me as I was organising my clothes .

" Ah , your family members who came every night to sleep and go will also like it . Seeing that you always slept in the same bed with an auxiliary bed , you must be very close to your brother , right ? "

T/N: Not brother but Sugar Daddy 🥴

" ... "

" no . "

The answer " no " meant he wasn't my brother, but I didn't think there was any need for an explanation . A dog would laugh at the fact that Torai became my older brother . I left her, who still had a stiff face and got out of bed and headed for the door . Embarrassed , she later asked where i was going , and this time i answered kindly .

" Relax myself. "

///

The roof took up most of my activity area for three weeks , excluding the month I was hospitalised and the period I was in the intensive care unit . It was only natural that the rooftop was chosen as a space for my body to move freely as i was not allowed to go outside wearing a patient uniform .

I ran up the stairs of the 7th floor building , made five round trips , and when I opened the roof door , the cool night air greeted me first .

" ha ....... "

I exhaled through my mouth and took a deep breath of cold air . It was late , so I walked to the end of the roof where there was no one else and stood in front of a barbed wire higher than my height . I took a deep breath again and glanced at my watch . It was a light run , but the time was getting faster and faster . Even though my stomach still hurts every time i moved , but it didn't hurt to the point that it bothered me much .