🅣🅗🅔 🅟🅡🅔🅛🅘🅜🅘🅝🅐🅡🅨

We were practicing when Goujin kicked the ball out of the gate... again.

I sighed and jumped over the wall to get it.( Don't ask why I didn't go through the gate(⁠◠⁠ᴥ⁠◕⁠ʋ⁠) )

I picked up the ball and returned to find Nosaka leaving..

"What's going on?"

"Nosaka!" I called out and he turned to me.

"See you later Akari,"

'huh?'

2 days later

"Here we are at the football preliminary's opening ceremony where all the teams will be sworn in."

"The first team to join us is Esei Gakuen, if you may please look up at the screen folks you may see the recent interview with their top scorers."

A clip plays on the screen showing Kiyama Tatsuya and Kira Hiroto." You have been playing well in your previous matches, will you keep up the spirit?"

"Why, yes. Honestly we have gotten really lucky to be here after playing all our worthy opponents," Tatsuya replied.

"You're Eisei's top scorer, Hiroto. Why is that?" The reporter asked.

'What? What is wrong with the interviews today?' I smiled amusingly.

"Why? Because I'm the god strik-" he got cut off.

"Next up we have last year's finalists, Zeus jr high. Next are the champions of the north,Hakuren jr high!"

An interview played of Fubuki Shirou and Fubuki Atsuya.
"You are the snow countries top scorers, how will you play in the tournament?"

"We will play just as we usually do, playing our best against worthy and skilled opponents." Shirou replied.

We stepped into the stadium following the rounds girl who was holding up the sign with our name.

I was following her when I noticed no one next to me and turned around.

Good grief... My teammates were on the ground on top of one another, I sighed in embarrassment before I turned to go help them.
"Raimon has played well in all there matches,will you reach for the top like last year's team?"

"We-we-will no-not disgrace Raimon's good name..." Mishinared stammered nervously then Mansaku stepped in front of the camera "Captain you're nervous... Huh? Oops!" He said once he turned around.

Oh man..

"The next team to join is the champions,you know 'em Seishou Gakuen! They have played significantly well in this tournament,"

"Is it true that you choose which match you wanna play?" The reporter asked a bored Haizaki

"You know what? I'm outta here .." he said and left, leaving the reporter awkwardly holding her mic

'Why am I not surprised?' I deadpanned.

"Look right there folks, it's Outei Tsukinomiya. They are also the championship favourites alongside Seishou Gakuen, in fact,they have not conceded any goal yet,"

I looked up to see the recent interview . (Yes,the commentator repeated it that much)
"Outei has progressed quite rapidly, what's your secret?"

"There are no secrets involved in our part,only doing what we usually do."

"The team is based on an educational system known as the Scales of Ares, is that right?"

"During our matches you will see how awesome the system truly is,with each individual performing at their level best,it will show our society how to change in a positive way. I believe it will even change the history of mankind,"

'Did he just say 'awesome?'
I smiled,at least he loosened up a bit.

An interview of me was played and I casually looked up at the screen.
"Akari, you are the only player to have scored multiple goals after a tremendous accident,how do you feel?" A male reporter asked me.

"Glad, actually. I'm happy that I recovered with no after effects of the accident,"

"How will you play in this year's tournament?"

"How I usually do. I will give it my best in every match."

"Thank you, welcome back to the tournament,Lunar empress."

The clip ended and Nosaka approached the podium to give out his speech

Flashback
"Raimon are in a bad position in this match,if they do not do something quick,they will lose the game...!"
.
.
.
.
.
.
Black....
.
.
.
.
.
Whoosh! The ball hit me pushing me all the way to the goalpost and I hit my head and lost consciousness.
.
.
.
.
.
I blinked slowly as everything else surrounding me turned to black. The referee came up to me before giving Clario a red card but he looked back at me Smirking devilishly...
.
.
.
"You are finally out of the picture.."

"Akari!" I heard someone call out to me before I passed out.

End of flashback
I blinked a few times.. why was there a bright light shining on me.

When I finally recognised everything I saw a medical team observing my eyes and out of the corner of my eyes I spotted everyone looking at me and I was even on the screen.

"What's going on?" I asked and they looked at me surprised.

"Wait,you can see us?" I nodded.

"How many fingers am I holding up?" He held up one.

"One," he scribbled something down before looking at me again.

"Dear,you have zoned out for 10mins,"

'what?'

The medical team did more tests on my vision before leaving with the eyebrows raised.
.
.
.
.

I sighed as I looked back down. 'why did the referee look like that reporter?'

Thanks for reading. Stay safe and healthy.