Ferret

Jeongin was kind enough to lend me his wardrobe when I remembered the only clothes I had were the ones I was wearing, and I sifted through the multiple different designer shirts he had hung in his closet.

I had already decided on a pair of ripped black jeans, and now the only thing I needed was a shirt that wouldn't show the bandages still wrapped around my chest.

The pain had decreased into a dull ache as the days passed, but Felix was still adamant I kept them bandaged. It was only when he changed the bandages a few days later that I realized why. The wounds were still an angry red despite the care Felix had put into tending to them, and now that most of the blood had been washed away, I had a better idea of just how deep they were.

Chan really wasn't holding back.

The stitches were slightly torn thanks to training Felix and Changbin, and later that night, the sound of Felix scolding Chan for asking me to do that while still injured was loud enough for the entire house to hear.

Regardless of my understanding of the importance of the bandages, it was still annoying to have to take them into consideration. There were so many shirts that were just a bit too thin or a bit too low, and of course they were all the shirts I was first drawn to.

I eventually settled on a silk navy blue button up, and a pleased smile spread across my face when I tried it on and realized it fit like a glove. I never really understood that saying. I've worn plenty of gloves that didn't fit right.

"Almost done?" Jeongin had been sitting in the corner playing games on his phone the entire time, and I turned to meet eyes with him as he looked at me. Surprisingly, Jeongin can be a rather chill person, and minus the wanting to kill me part, he kind of reminded me of an edgy teenager.

Ew. I sound old.

I nodded before walking to the door, and he stood to follow.

"Hey Jeongin?" I stopped in my tracks when I remembered something, and he raised a brow.

"You're twenty one, right?"

—-------------------------------------------------------

The sound of music blaring was slightly muffled by the brick walls of the establishment, but it was still easy to know which song was playing as we walked towards the crowded building. Jeongin followed alongside me with a blank expression, hands tucked into the gray jeans he wore.

Sneaking out of the house was slightly easier then I thought it would be, and a part of me was still debating whether or not it was over the top to jump out of the window. It was the first story, but still.

"You don't seem like the type to go to clubs." My eyes snapped over towards Jeongin, and I smiled.

"I'm not. Usually. But it's been a while since I've looked presentable enough to actually get in, and I guess I've missed the feeling." Jisung and I seemed to share the same energy, and we clicked rather well. I've probably spent more time with him than with any of the others, mainly because he won't leave me alone, and by the third day of me living with them, Jisung got the idea of giving me a makeover.

I allowed him, though hesitantly, and thankfully he was actually rather skilled in the area. He had washed, detangled, and cut my hair up till a little above my shoulder, and after a lot of nagging, he convinced me to let him dye it blonde.

I had tried my best to keep up with my hygiene even while living on the streets, but there's only so much I could do with what I had at the time. But Jisung somehow managed to make me look like that part of my life never happened.

And after a little raiding of Jeongin's closet and a touch of makeup I stole from Jisung, I was looking and feeling better than I had in a while.

My smile widened once we finally made it into the line, and I instantly recognized the bouncer.