Lemons

Something was wrong.

Dinner had ended in awkward silence, and we all went to go do our own things without complaint. Jeongin never showed his face again after storming off, and the others seemed to be giving me space.

I wasn't sure how to feel about that. It's possible they're simply giving me space so as to not upset me just in case I needed to be alone after such a tense dinner. But what my mind seemed more convinced by was the possibility that they were avoiding me because they thought what Minho had assumed could have merit.

I knew that wasn't the case. If any one of them thought I had actually done something to harm the youngest which they seemed to cherish more than anything, then they would have had me right back in that basement for questioning.

But still. Paranoia was a bitch.

And it was this same paranoia that had me wide awake at two in the morning. Well, not the exact same. The previous paranoia was more social, while this one was more situational.

I had always been a light sleeper. It was what had kept me alive for all these years. And it was thanks to this that I was able to wake up just from the general sense that something was wrong. Unfortunately, the sense was a little too general, and I found myself unable to pinpoint the cause.

Freaking out wouldn't do me any good, and if I acted too quickly, I could end up responding incorrectly. If the source of my paranoia was in the room, then it was likely that someone was watching me, and if I got out of bed or even showed that I was now awake, that could lead them to act sooner.

But at the same time, if I did nothing and ended up killed, or god forbid, something bad, then that would be on me. So the best course of action would be to calm down and figure out what the source of my paranoia was.

I slowed my breathing slightly, making sure it wouldn't be abrupt enough to signal I was awake, and I calmed my mind. That's rather easy to do when you aren't afraid of dying.

Is the source in my closet?

No, I'm not feeling anything there.

Perhaps in the corners of my room or under my bed?

Still no.

In my bed?

. . .

Nope.

So they aren't in the room.

I let out a sigh of relief before quietly removing the covers, and I sat up to quickly scan my room, just to be safe. My shoulders relaxed when I confirmed that I was alone, but the paranoia was still getting to me.

Oh.

It was coming from the hall.

I got out of bed silently before sneaking my way to the door, and I looked between the crack in the door frame and out into the nearly pitch black hallway. Thankfully there was a window at the end of the hall that allowed in a very small amount of moonlight, and it was just enough to see a shadowy figure pass by my door.

. . .

Well, that was creepy.

I strained my vision to see further, but the crack was too small to see more than a foot of space in front of my door. That meant I would have to open the door to see where the figure was going, and I wasn't exactly tempted to do that.

I might not be afraid of death, but anything paranormal was not ok. If this was a ghost, I would shit myself.

But still, if this shadowy figure turned out to not be one of the SKZ members, then that means they're breaking in. And if they were here to steal stuff, they wouldn't go passing doors, now would they? That means they're probably here to cause harm to someone, and once again, the fact they just passed by my door meant they had someone in mind, and they knew where to find them.