Blue Fish

-Hyunjin's POV-

I usually preferred to take showers at night, and while I had taken one right before going to bed only eight hours ago, I had woken up with the urge to stand under the spray of hot water. I had most likely been in the shower for over thirty minutes by now, and as I turned off the water and opened the glass partition, the pine scented steam billowed out after me as I stepped out of the shower.

I grabbed my towel before beginning to dry off, though the steam attempting to cling to my skin guaranteed that I would remain damp until I actually left the bathroom. Perhaps I should have turned the fan on, but I had grown quite fond of the steam that would build up from the unreasonably hot showers I preferred to take.

I tied the now damp towel around my waist before wiping the steam build up from off the mirror, and I ran my fingers through my poorly dried hair in an attempt to tame it. I had conditioned and combed through it in the shower, but during the short period of time where I stopped attending to it it somehow managed to go in every direction except the direction I wanted it to go in.

I gave up trying to make it look neat as I stepped back from the mirror, and when I opened the door, steam spilled out from the confines of the bathroom and into my bedroom. I turned the light off before stepping out, but my goal of heading towards my closet failed when I took note of the figure sitting on my bed.

"I need to start bringing clothes in with me, huh?" Changbin's eyes snapped up to meet mine, and he wriggled his eyebrows teasingly.

"Hey, I don't mind the sight."

"Uh huh. I really need to get a lock." I double checked that the towel around my waist was still tight before walking passed my bed and towards my closet, and I opened the slatted doors before flicking the light on.

"You'd have to talk to Chan about that. He has a master key to all the locks in the house in case of emergency, so you'd have to get a lock that matches the key. But . . ." He sighed dramatically, and I stopped my search for clothes in order to look at him from over my shoulder just in time to watch him theatrically wipe a fake tear away. "It's so nice to hear your voice. I thought I would never get the chance to hear you speak again." His words were overly acted out, and my expression turned unamused as I grabbed a random shirt from off its hanger and threw it at him.

He caught it with ease, his fake crying turning into an amused chuckle as he set the shirt down onto my bed.

"Seriously, despite your reassurances it was kind of concerning that you refused to talk once you and Minho came back. What was that about?"

I turned back to my closet as I continued my search for what I wanted to wear, only to realize the shirt I wanted happened to be the one I threw at him. "Hey, Changbin?" I turned back to him, and he somehow knew what I wanted as he grabbed the shirt and tossed it back.

I caught it before straightening it out, rather pleased the rough handling didn't cause it the wrinkle. Though seeing as it was a basic tee shirt that probably was an unnecessary concern. I pulled it over my head before sticking my arms through, and I pulled it down the rest of the way before turning back to my closet in search of pants.

"Is this your way of telling me I'm not gonna get an answer?" I could hear the childish pout in his voice, and I chuckled lightly before opening one of the drawers in my dresser.

"If you were more observant you would have figured it out already. What a shame." I grabbed a pair of jeans before turning back to look at him, and without having to say anything he was already swinging his legs over the end of my bed in order to face the other way.

I then removed the towel before slipping on boxers and then pulling the jeans on, though the remaining dampness left over from the towel did not make the task easy.