Sorority Bitches

Changbin was different. The way he walked towards the mat was more reserved, resigned even. I waited patiently for him to stand in front of me, and I eyed him with scrutiny.

"You'll take this seriously, right?" It was hard to tell what he was feeling as his expression remained serious, and he nodded slightly before getting into a fighting position. His hands were raised slightly to protect both his face and his body, and he placed one foot in front of him so he could move quickly if needed.

The position was well executed, and it seemed to be natural for him as his body went into the position without thought. Unlike Felix, he seemed calm, though equally on guard, and I took his lead and got into place myself.

He threw a jab, which missed as I dodged to the side, and he followed the move with a flurry of other hits. I continued to dodge the punches he threw with a nearly blurred speed, and if I was any slower, many of the hits would have ended up landing.

Minho had mentioned that Changbin was a master of multiple different martial arts, and that became apparent when he instantly switched from Boxing to Karate with an ease that spoke extensively of his skill.

The fundamentals of Boxing and Karate were very different, so switching between them mid fight would normally result in clunky and awkward movements. However, Changbin switched so fluidly it was almost impossible to tell when he switched styles.

I felt myself smirking as I just barely managed to dodge his attacks, and I quickly realized that I probably wouldn't be able to beat him in one move. But I guess the best way to test that would be to try.

As I dodged the punch he threw, I attempted to perform an uppercut. His eyes widened slightly but he was able to step back at the last second, and my fist collided with nothing but the air.

We both regained our composure almost instantly, expressions serious as we circled each other. Most would consider the first person to attack to be considered the loser, but hesitating in a real fight only results in failure.

We both seemed to think this, as we once again charged forward to attack at the exact same time. Focusing on delivering a blow while simultaneously dodging one was difficult, and as our fists neared each other's faces, we both decided to block instead of moving out of the way.

His fist connected with my forearm as I performed a high block, and my own fist landed in the center of his palm. The pain in my arm was slightly jarring, but I kept my expression blank as my knuckles grounded into the soft flesh of his hand.

We pulled away simultaneously, only for him to launch towards me with another series of blows. He was doing a rather good job of keeping me from catching my breath, and I smirked. It had been a while since I actually had fun fighting someone, so I should take this seriously, right?

I grabbed his wrist as he once again threw a jab, and I yanked him forward before grabbing his neck. His momentary loss of balance made it easy to get him in a choke hold as he practically fell into my arms, and I tightened my grasp as he struggled to be released.

He rasped slightly as his nails dug into my arm, and while I was able to ignore the pain in my arm, the feeling of my skin tearing on my chest was painful enough to make me wince. In our struggle I had somehow managed to tear my stitches, but even as a searing pain erupted across my sternum, I still focused all of my energy on the guy still struggling in my grasp.

A few more seconds passed before he stilled and tapped on my arm in defeat, and I released him with a pleased smile. "You're a lot stronger than I thought you would be." He rubbed his neck slightly before giving me a pleased smile of his own, and he held his hand out.