2 Million

(⚠Warning: Description of corpse ⚠)

I knew immediately that someone had entered my room.

My once peaceful sleep ended abruptly as a sense of paranoia started to tickle the back of my neck, and my mind instantly became alert as I strained my now hypersensitive hearing. My eyes remained shut, and I quickly reined in my breathing to not tip the intruders off that I was now awake.

By the footsteps creeping toward me, I could deduce that there were at least two of them, though other details were hard to perceive thanks to the plush rug that covered the majority of my bedroom floor.

Thankfully the covers were up to my chin, and the fact that I was laying on my side meant that I could ever so slowly reach for the knife I had hidden under one of the pillows. I made sure my movement was slow enough to not disturb the covers as my hand crawled closer and closer towards the bottom of the pillow, and I thanked god that Chan insisted I get a high quality duvet. The thick fabric hid the rest of the movement as my fingers grazed against the cold edge of the handle, and I clenched it tightly in my hand as I felt one of the intruders hover over me.

"Hyu-"

As soon as they were close enough I sprung up, my muscles moving swiftly thanks to the adrenaline coursing through my veins. The covers that had been launched up from my sudden movement fluttered pitifully back down to the mattress as I aimed the knife at the intruder's throat, eyes frantically scanning my room for the second intruder.

I blinked when I met eyes with a startled Seungmin, and my gaze darted over to check the identity of the person I was now holding at knife point.

"Oh. . . hi, Chan." I lowered the knife as I offered the Australian an innocent smile, and he blanched, hands still raised to either defend or incapacitate.

"Why do you have a knife?"

I shrugged as I tucked the blade back underneath my pillow, and I hopped off the bed before turning to regard him. "For situations like this."

He blinked. "How violent do you think our wake up calls are gonna get?"

"With you guys, there's no way to guess. Now, what are you doing in my room this early in the morning?"

" . . . It's ten."

"Yes. And?"

He huffed, clearly not impressed by my sleeping habits, and I smiled cheekily before attempting to walk around him and towards the bathroom. However, as soon as I started moving past him his eyes widened, and he raised his hand to stop me as his eyes trailed down to my neck.

Well, shit.

I had once again forgotten about the bruises painting my neck, and now both Chan and Seungmin were staring at them with both grim and shocked expressions.

"I know I'm hot, but there's no need to stare." They didn't even budge at my great sense of humor, and Chan's hand raised to lightly graze my throat with the tips of his fingers.

"Why were you hiding these?" His voice came out as a whisper, eyes widened as his fingers danced against the delicate skin. His touch was incredibly light, and I tensed slightly when his index brushed against one of the more tender parts of the bruise.

"Mainly to avoid awkward situations like this." Neither of them seemed to react to my words, but Seungmin at the very least stopped staring so intently.

"Do they hurt?"

I once again regarded the Australian still mesmerized by the discoloration on my throat, and I snorted. "Only when people touch it."