Syringe

Jisung clutched my hand tightly, nails digging into my skin. The shaking that had previously subsided had returned as we walked further away from the house, and I squeezed his hand back reassuringly as we trekked down the busy streets of Seoul.

He agreed to me coming along rather quickly, and though he hesitated about breaking the rules soon after, I was already halfway out the window. He had given me an unimpressed look as he opened the door located right beside the window I had chosen, and he huffed in amusement as I offered a shit eating grin before leaping through the rest of the way.

He had led us past the cameras surveilling the exterior of the house, cursing the entire time that it was a stupid decision to sneak me out. I simply gave him a thumbs up every time he turned to me for my opinion, and his anxiety quickly transformed into amused annoyance.

However, now that we were in the busier part of town, Jisung seemed to curl in on himself as we passed crowds of bustling pedestrians. I rubbed soothing circles onto the back of his hand that was still wrapped around mine, but his anxiety didn't seem to falter despite my attempt.

I looked down at him with concerned eyes, quickly taking note of the way he stared down at his feet.

Going to the source of his anxiety after a flare up probably wasn't the best decision, and while I felt tempted to take us back to the safety of his home, he still seemed determined to complete the task.

"What was the case you guys solved?" His head lifted slightly at the sound of my voice, though his eyes remained glued to his shoes.

"We haven't solved it per say. Someone leaked critical information, though I can't tell you what the information was, and we figured out the person that did it. However, we have no idea where he's at, so we can't really do much as of now. I'm pretty sure Felix is making dinner as a distraction from that fact, more than as a celebration."

I blinked slightly, not really expecting him to go into such detail. But, if my plan of distracting him succeeded, then I'm not gonna complain.

"Hey, food is food, right?" He snorted, mindlessly kicking a rock out of the way as we continued towards the market.

"That seems to be Felix's thought process, yes."

We stopped in sync as we approached an intersection, and I pressed the button idly as we waited for the light to change.

"Can I ask you something?" My eyes flicked over to him, slightly elated when he met my gaze. I smirked, and he seemed to notice where my mind was going as he rolled his eyes. "And don't you dare say I just did." I raised one of my hands in mock surrender, the other one still clutched tightly in his own.

"Go ahead."

I continued to look at him from my peripheral, and my grip tightened in reassurance as I noticed him hesitate. "Nothing you ask is gonna upset me or make me judge you. At least, I'm fairly certain. I would like to think I'm a pretty laid back person, but even I would have my limits, wouldn't I?" My tone remained humorous and light hearted, and his shoulders relaxed slightly.

The light changed, and I checked to make sure all the cars had stopped before I led the still hesitating and rather distracted squirrel out onto the crosswalk. I would hate for us to get run over by someone running a red light and then have to explain to Chan how I allowed his child to get hurt.

But at the same time, he got grossed out when I called Jeongin his child, so maybe he just doesn't view them in a parental way? Is it just Jeongin? But he babied Jeongin the most out of all of them, so if he didn't see Jeongin as someone he needed to mother, then he definitely wouldn't view the others in that way. But at the same time, he's super protective of them all.