Bus

(Quick note from the author: Hello! I just wanted to say that if you are reading this on a platform other than Wattpad, then you're reading on a site that has stolen my work, and most likely the work of plenty of other writers. There are some reading sites that post stories that aren't their own, so I would very much appreciate it if you only read my work on Wattpad. I don't get paid for writing this story (obviously, because it's a fanfic) but views, likes, and comments are what keeps me going. I hate plagiarism with a burning passion, so please be considerate and only read my story on the site I actually post it on. Wattpad is free, and reading my story is free, so there isn't any reason to support those who steal the work of others. Unless of course you're trying to spite me, but . . . I don't really know what to say to that. Anyway, enjoy the story!)

(⚠️Warning: Torture⚠️)

-Minho's POV-

My limbs felt weak. Food, water, and sleep deprivation had eaten away at my strength for what must have been over a week, but as I never left this dark and windowless room, I couldn't say for certain how many days had passed. A persistent migraine refused to ease as it continued to pound in my head, the nausea clawing at my throat only working to remind me of how empty my stomach was.

My shoulders and arms ached from having my arms tied behind my back for so long, and my legs had grown stiff from sitting in the plastic chair I was currently tied to. But the ache in my limbs remained a simple inconvenience in comparison to the wounds my captors had inflicted me with. A couple of my fingers had been smashed with a hammer, their purple and swollen state causing each heart beat to elicit pain as my blood almost felt as if it wished to burst out from the damaged appendages.

Some of my ribs were most likely broken from the relentless beatings my captors never seemed to grow tired of, and each breath was painful as it forced my ribcage to expand uncomfortably. The only injuries that didn't seem to be aggravated by my breathing or heartbeat were the multiple cuts that littered my bare skin, but I was never offered the mercy of forgetting them. Every time the blood began to clot they would cut them back open, the tender swelling caused by the healing process causing each reopening of my wounds to become more and more excruciating.

So far they had experimented with different methods of torture, ranging from waterboarding to simple beatings. But the method they never seemed to grow bored of was their refusal to let me sleep. I didn't know how they knew, but every time I found myself drifting they would come back to torment me. They only ever tortured me after I had almost fallen asleep, and as my body finally registered the pattern, I would be sent into a panic every time I felt myself dozing off. But I was exhausted in every form of the word, and despite knowing what sleep would cause, I couldn't help but slip into a short and restless sleep whenever the pain eased up enough to let me.

The door creaking open pulled me from the stressful haze I had found myself in, and despite my blurred vision, I still looked up to face whoever had entered the room. Their identities were always hidden behind their masks, but the masks themselves gave away their affiliation with the Pi Kkeun mafia.

One of their members had jumped me a while back, and without knowing their identity, I didn't hesitate to make them pay for it. Getting into fights wasn't uncommon for me, especially in the place I lived, but no altercation had landed me in such a spot before. I guess in some twisted silver lining kind of way I was lucky they even bothered to explain it to me, because if they hadn't I would have been stuck wondering what could have possibly made me their target.

Perhaps I would have ended up blaming my mother. This wouldn't have been the first time one of her crazy ex's caused trouble for me, but it would have been a stretch for them to take it this far. My father also didn't associate with very pleasant people, but all of his friends were too lazy and dumb to pull off something like a kidnapping. I would have spent a lot of time theorizing the reason behind such a fate, but at least it would have given me something to do other than dreading the next time that door opened.