Waistband

(Sorry this took so long! *Insert really believable excuse here* And that's why. Thank you for your patience. ⚠Warning: Mentions of bullying⚠)

Felix's face was slimmer then Chan's. While Chan had a more defined chin and jaw, the shape of Felix's face was more narrow. His nose was smaller, and the edges of his lips were more pinched. Their eyes were similar, both pairs seeming as if they held a galaxy in their depths, yet Felix's were more pointed.

While I would have been able to recreate him from memory, having a reference photo made the process much easier. It was thanks to the reference image that I wasn't racking my brain trying to remember the minor details of how his face curved, or the way his features were spaced.

After school a few days back, Seungmin had taught me how to use the classroom's speakers, so now a peaceful playlist filled the room as I continued to work on Felix's negative space portrait. I had gotten the basic shape down in only an hour, and as the minutes ticked by, his features became more and more apparent as I erased the layer of charcoal that covered the paper.

His freckles were probably my favorite addition to the art piece, and I found myself smiling every time I caught a glimpse of them. I knew they were something he didn't necessarily like about himself. They weren't a source of insecurity, and he never made an attempt to cover them, but the comments he'd made about them gave away his distaste. But no one else seemed to view them the way he did.

I had caught Felix and Jisung cuddling on multiple occasions, and only recently had I caught Jisung absentmindedly tracing Felix's freckles, a look of adoration in his eyes as he looked up at his boyfriend as if he had hung the moon and stars. Felix had let him, his arms wrapped around Jisung's waist as he tried not to smile at his boyfriend's act of affection.

Chan had come home stressed one night, and as soon as he caught sight of Felix playing a video game, he made his way over and made sure to kiss every single freckle on the younger's face before walking away like nothing had happened.

Minho, though he seemed more reserved in his acts of affection, had once spent over five minutes admiring the younger's freckles after the Australian decided to make himself comfortable in his lap.

Everyone seemed to adore Felix, and his freckles were one of the many things they all seemed to cherish about him.

It was because of this that I paid extra attention to every single freckle I added to his face. The other's had probably memorized the pattern by now, and when offered a reference, I was nothing if not detailed. After twenty minutes I managed to capture them perfectly, and I moved on to his mop of blonde hair once I was certain his face was accurate.

He was one of the few people I knew who could pull off a mullet, his platinum blonde hair somehow working with the style despite the pure fluffiness of it. It was adorable, yet somehow didn't take away from his intensity. If anything, it gave him an unexpected edge.

I would admit I might have been having too much fun with drawing him. He was such a charming person, and his rare purity was something I was determined to capture in my work. He looked angelic, and drawing him gave me the opportunity to emphasize it.

As soon as Chan asked me to draw the rest of them I had begun to plan out each of their expressions and angles, and when they were all put together, if done so in the right place, they would appear to be interacting with each other. Felix's expression was a bright smile as he looked slightly to his left, his eyes shimmering with mirth as I intended to have him and Jisung looking at each other. They always seemed to brighten in each other's presence, and I very much wanted to capture that.