Heidi and Tyler

As I stare at their faces and they catch a glimpse of mine, I try to restrain myself.

Berli comes toward Heidi and greets her kindly then shows her to her room, but her eyes never leave mine.

Alisha does the same and Tyler keeps his eyes trained on mine, but I do not hold his gaze because I belong to someone else now.

I get the little ones ready for dinner, and then Heidi as well as Tyler join in on the meal, while I serve the children.

"Anax has found his mate too and it is our very own Athena," James says enthusiastically and Tyler's gaze meets mine, but I don't meet his as I look at Anax's smile.

Once the meal is over, I help the little ones to bed for the last time as their new nanny will take over from tomorrow.

I take my things from the servants' room to a whole room for myself.

Anax comes into the room, "Any questions?" "So are we like married or something?" I ask curiously. "Technically, yes," he says kindly, "but my father hates the term. I hope you know I don't intend on marrying anyone else." "Why?" I ask curiously, "I mean your dad did and it is a part of your culture." "Well," Anax says as he sits on my bed, "it isn't my thing. I saw what it did to my mum so I don't like it that much." I nod, "Okay."

We go our separate ways as we are told tomorrow will be our first go at trying to have a baby.

All of us are up us early as possible and we all go in the same car.

"Heidi tells me you are sisters Athena," Berli says kindly and I nod. "We are sisters," I reiterate, "I know she will be safe and happy with you." Heidi's tension seems to disappear at my words. Alisha just stares at Tyler and I ignore him entirely which Anax notices.

We head into the hospital.

Berli enters with Heidi, Anax comes with me but Tyler doesn't want to go with Alisha.

"Can I talk to you Tyler for a second?" I ask Alisha and she nods, "There is nothing between us and yes, I love that you are here and safe, but do not make Alisha feel worthless. No one deserves that."

I walk away and enter the procedure with my stomach churning.

Afterwards, we head home and wait 3 days to find out if it worked or not.

Once I enter the home, I am attacked by littles.

"Amoli went into labor," Norah says seriously. "But it isn't time yet," I say seriously. "Seems like she found out when she was already due," Norah says seriously and I rush to her side.

As she is about to push the baby out, an army man with pink eyes enters the room.

"Brody," she says in tears as the baby comes out safely. "It is a girl, yellow eyes, doctor," the doctor says proudly and Amoli's tears just get more intense.

Brody sits by Amoli as they carry the baby together.

Everyone heads out of the room and I start to do the same.

"Athena," Amoli says, "thank you. I will name her Athena." Brody nods, "If it means something to you then it is a perfect name." Amoli smiles as she looks at the little girl in her arms and I make my way out of the room.

James looks at me as I exit, "So?" "Girl," I say happily, "yellow eyes, doctor and her name is Athena." James is beaming, but everyone else seems a little angry for some reason and at the same time happy.

Ellerie pulls me aside, "Everyone is upset because of the job and her name, but happy cause she is a girl." I nod, "Oh, not a threat then?" She nods, "That is why Eden feels like she is better than everyone." I nod, "Typical royal family really." She laughs, "Yeah, but don't let it destroy you or make you bitter inside because everyone hates everyone just protect what needs to be protected." I nod as she leaves to go see her daughter and her granddaughter.

Three days later, Heidi, Alisha and I find out we are not pregnant which makes all but one sad.

After a month, we have to come back and try again.

That very night, I sit in my room thinking why I got the orange bracelet and not Tyler. Why am I so dangerous when I love all these people?

Anax walks in, "Hey, looking at your bracelet." I nod, "Just wondering why?" "It is the potential for danger," he says honestly as he sits on my bed, "you might not be a dangerous person now, but you can become one if anything happens in life that hurts you." I nod, "Makes sense, I guess." "So, why did you come here?" I ask him out of curiosity. "Just to see if you are okay after the results today," he says kindly, "assumed you would be but just making sure." "I don't think I know what I want," I say honestly, "everything is so different from how we were living throughout the war and the period of peace." He nods, "A lot has changed, but you should know we have been in hiding for years with our genetic mutations until a real war started that lead us to take control because we could even though we are the minority." "Funny," I say seriously, "that is always the case. The strongest or the most populated is controlled by the least of them all."

He smiles as he makes his way out of the room, "Very true, but there is always room for change if everyone is willing."

Heidi comes into my room, "Alisha is heartbroken." I nod, "Cause of the baby or Tyler?" "Both," she says seriously, "he is putting himself in a dangerous position if he doesn't change." I nod, "He doesn't realised how protected he is and what Alisha is willing to do to make him happy."

"Leto?" Heidi asks and I nod. "She is coming here tomorrow," I say honestly, "don't tell him though."

"That will rock his world," Heidi agrees with me.