Caring Duties

The very next day, I wake up earlier than the sun to get the kids ready for breakfast as well as for school.

I head towards Kabir's room, knocking on the door and entering soon after.

"Sir Kabir," I say kindly, "you need to get up and get dressed for school". He gets up with his eyes closed and walks towards the bathroom which allows me to wake up Udeline.

"Madam Udeline," I say politely, but she kicks me in the stomach which causes me intense pain, "please...cough...school...cough." "I am so sorry," she says apologetically, "I tend to do that a lot. I am really sorry." "Oh that's fine, Madam," I say kindly as she rushes to her bathroom to get ready as I make my way to Ivaan.

"Sir Ivaan," I say kindly, "come let us get a bath and then I can dress you." He nods and follows me groggily. Once he gets downstairs, I rush to Imogen and find her dressed already with a lady standing beside her.

"Oh sorry Madam," I say nervously. "I am Madam Alora," she says kindly, "I am human, but you will come to learn their way of life soon enough." "How?" I ask with confusion. She puts her hand up to stop me, "Imogen, darling, please go down to breakfast." Imogen nods and rushes out of the room towards breakfast. "If you want a history lesson don't do it during your working hours," she says seriously, "those who come here into this home are considered threats to Kerogen's so be very careful."

She heads out with confidence and I rush to Cayle so he can get dressed, but he doesn't want to let go of me so I have to carry him to breakfast and I can easily tell who the mother is as she shoots me a deathly glare. She rushes forward with her red eyes trained on me and takes her son calmly while glaring at me intensely then I find that the other littles are already here with their mothers.

There are five mothers sitting at the table alongside their children, but Anax holds my gaze as I apologize and head over to help the others with getting breakfast in their little tummies.

James is talking to Anax or one of his I don't know what's during the breakfast.

"The school lift is leaving," a fun and peppy human announces as the littles make their way to him without hesitation, but Cayle, Edolie and Emery stay behind as well as the older children stay seated which confuses me.

All the mother's of the littles left take their children with them, so I am left with the older children.

Norah calls me first to her room and asks, "Can I ask for advice?" I look at her with confusion, "Am I allowed to give advice?" She shrugs, "Anyways, my father says that at my age I am way past ready to start looking for motherhood opportunities, but I don't know who to pick out of this big pile father gave." I smile at her dilemma, "Well, do you like any of them for how they look? Or is it their personality? their habits?" "So I should make a list of the ones I like the most things about?" she asks and I nod causing her to smile, "Thanks so much." She hugs me tightly.

"Norah!" a lady shouts causing me to jump, "you are not to hug slaves like that. I am your mother and I take care of you, right?" Norah nods, "It wasn't like that mother. You take everything too personally." Her mother sighs, her yellow eyes darkening, "You don't want to spend time with Emery or Hagan?" Norah shakes her head, "No." My eyes widen, but I attempt to leave and I am beckoned by another.

"Camden!" I hear Hagan shout, "I swear on my life you will pay." "What is going on sir Hagan?" I ask with concern as I find the boys in a brawl. "I called for backup not a polite lady," he says seriously which causes me to wonder how far my job really will take me so I attempt to help. "Sir Camden will you please release your brother and tell me what is happening?" I ask him, but he just glares at me causing me to shiver in fear. "Mother!" Hagan shouts and Camden shouts the same.

In rushes two ladies, which causes me concern as they shake their heads at me and the boys. "Sorry Madams," I say politely.

"Kamali," one of the ladies says, "tell your son to let my son go." "Why should I Alora?" Kamali says rudely which causes Alora anger as she shoves Kamali, "James!"

James rushes in and Camden lets go of Hagan hurriedly, "What is going on?" "Camden was hurting Hagan and Kamali refused to help," Alora says hurriedly, but Kamali rushes in to her own defense, "James, my son would never hurt anyone. They were just playing and Alora is making a big deal about nothing." "Athena?" James asks me and fear builds up inside me, "what happened?" "Sir Hagan called for my help and I tried to get Sir Camden off him, but I couldn't then they both called their mothers which resulted in Madam Alora pushing Madam Kamalia because she would not do anything," I say honestly which gets me glares from everyone and the fear comes back.

James leaves the room without a word and I left with a room of very angry people who leave without a word being said.

Berli calls me soon after and notices my disposition, "Don't worry most Kerogens are quite polite actually." "Thank you Sir Berli," I say with a sad smile, "was there something you needed?" He shakes his head, "I just wanted to give you this book to explain some things." As he hands it to me, his hands catch my attention because of the atom lying like a tattoo on his hand.

"It explains everything," he says politely, "remember there are good and bad people in every species even the animals." I laugh lightly at what he says and leave the room to head to my room so I can place it there.

After some time, Alisha and Amoli call me to play a game with them before they have to go to work which was probably the most fun and the weirdest experience ever.

Lastly, Anax calls me to get his clothes from the washing room and I walk briskly towards his room.

I knock on his door, but no one replies so I walk in and place the clothes there then I leave quickly just in case he might come out of the shower or something butt naked.

"Athena!" I hear Anax call for me and I quickly make my way to the room, "the driver has some stuff to do with my father, so we will go pick up my younger siblings." "Yes Sir Anax," I say politely as I make my way out of the room to wait till he is ready.

Cayle's mother with her blazing red eyes makes her way towards the place I am standing.

"Don't have a job to do?" she asks me while Cayle stands beside her. "Madam I am waiting for Sir Anax, so that we can go pick up his younger siblings," I say politely and she glares at me. "Don't mess with a Kerogen," she says seriously, "my sons, you will not use their names, because you are nothing but human." I tense as she says this, "Yes Madam."

Berli comes down the same hall with confusion on his face, "I am heading to work mother. Bye Cayle." "Bye my sweet Berli," she says with a bright smile as he makes his way out of the room, "be safe." He nods with a smile as he makes his way out of the home.

Anax walks out and almost trips on Cayle.

"Mother," he says with annoyance, "I told you not to stand in the hallway. The amount of times I trip over people." "Sorry Anax," she says kindly, "I just wanted to say hello and ask if you would take Cayle with you." "Not today mother," he says seriously, "and hello." Then he walks off and I follow quietly.

We enter a car and I sit in the front seat beside him.

"How are you liking it so far?" he asks me politely. "It is okay sir," I say with fake enthusiasm. "Most humans aren't happy," he says seriously, but my gaze is on the beautiful nature that engulfs most of the land, "we learnt from mistakes made by humans." I nod like I care about what he has to say and I notice a huge school standing before us soon enough.

I sigh as I think about Leto being trapped in there, while Kerogens get to go home whenever they want.

Kabir and Ivaan come out hand-in-hand as well as Udeline and Imogen do the same, which I view as adorable but Anax seems to be angry with them.