The Memorial Event

Common people and the royal family are amongst each other with few human slaves as they play games, eat food and just enjoy hobbies that were the favorites of the ones that passed away.

"Athena," Anax says kindly, "enjoying it so far." I nod, "Tyler, Leto and Heidi seem to be having fun too." He smiles, "I am glad. All the humans are being watched and anyone else really." I frown, "You doing anything?" "Yeah," he says with a smile, "eating my siblings favorite foods." "How is Imogen?" I ask with concern. "She is okay," he says with a sad voice, "coping. On other days she will avoid thinking about her." I sigh, "Death is so unnatural." "Want to walk around together for a while?" he asks kindly and I nod. "Sure," I say politely as we walk around and notice the beauty of all the memories that they had throughout the time they were alive for.

I hear a noise that I have heard multiple times and immediately my blood runs cold as the fear takes hold of me.

"Anax!" I shout and he looks at the fear in my eyes as I struggle to utter the words, "someone is shooting." Anax sighs as he picks me up and runs with me towards an area where there is a microphone and he announces, "Everyone! Evacuate to your homes right now!"

Panic ensues as everyone scatters and Anax pulls my hand as we run into the crowd.

"Get to the house," Anax says seriously and fear fills me as he pushes me towards Heidi as well as Berli.

"Come on," Heidi shouts, "let's go!" I try to find anyone I can help along the way.

"Kabir!" I shout and pull him along with us, but then I feel a sharp pain shoot through me as I fall onto the floor of the home along with Kabir and everything turns black.

When I wake up, I find Heidi sleeping next to me with dried tears and fresh ones falling.

"Heidi?" I call her and she jolts awake. "Athena. Oh my," she says as she starts crying and hugs me tightly, "I will call the others quickly." She calls the others and then I ask her, "What happened?" She sighs and motions for me to wait.

Anax rushes into the room and sighs deeply as he comes to hug me tightly. James walks into the room with bags under his eyes.

"Athena," James says with a sad smile, "I am glad you are doing okay. You were sleeping for a week after you got shot. Norah, Alora, Imogen, Eden, Cayle, Amoli, Kabir, Camden and Edolie are, also, recovering." "When can I go see them?" I ask seriously and he smiles. "You can go see them if they are awake or if you can walk," James says seriously and Anax seems to be in a bad place.

Once James leaves, Anax comes closer and kisses my forehead.

"Let me carry you to see the others," Anax offers and I agree wholeheartedly.

"Norah is just over here," Anax says as he walks closer to the room to find Basilah crying as she kisses her daughter's face all over, "she got shot a few times and hasn't woken up since the event." Tears fill my eyes as Anax takes me into the room and places me on a chair nearby as I look at her beautiful glowing skin that is neither pale nor dark.

I arrive at Alora's room to find Hagan and Udeline crying beside her bed as she talks to them kindly. Imogen is beside her bed in the same room as she lays there motionless and her dark skin looks pale.

Anax continues to carry me to the others and we see Eden as well as Cayle laying there. Eden lays without moving and Cayle is beside her with tears falling. Anax places me beside her and Cayle runs into my arms as he sobs uncontrollably.

"If you want to stay by your mother, you must, but know that I am always free in my room for a hug whenever you need it," I tell Cayle and he hugs me even more tightly.