Growing and Learning

Everyone dresses in royal attire as we prepare to attend Emery's coronation.

The Leaders (Dukes) come from all over the world to meet the royal family as they rule specified areas of the world as designated by the royal family.

I never noticed it before but Emery, Edolie and Cayle wear gloves to hide their jobs until the age of six. Now, I understand and my child is doing the same as we attend this family event.

Emery is wearing traditional royal clothes as her mother stands with her and James infront of the whole army of people attending the event.

"We are gathered here today to celebrate the last of the royal children becoming a part of the royal family and holding onto their royal responsibilities until the death of myself," James says jokingly and everyone chuckles lightly, "As it stands, Anax is the first in line to the throne and Norah is second. This stands until now. Let us introduce, now, the final royal child. Her Royal Highness, Princess Emery of the Kerogen's of Earth."

Everyone claps and cheers then the party heads outside. I sit down on the grass with Baruch as I watch everyone dancing about happily, but deep inside my stress builds up as I think about losing Baruch to this evil world. Amoli sits down beside me with Athena in her arms.

"Having fun?" she asks as Athena wiggles out of her mother's arms to sit up straight. I shake my head, "Worried I guess cause they haven't found the guy yet and Baruch is in danger." I rub my barefeet in the grass as does Amoli. Heidi comes towards us and sits down with a thud.

"My stomach is huge," she says seriously, "I just want this to be over." I laugh at her words and then her eyes widen. "I guess you should be careful what you wish for," she says as I can see she is in pain. Anax comes over right at that time to talk to me.

"Anax," I say urgently, "call Berli. Heidi is going to give birth now!" His eyes widen as he rushes to find Berli.

Berli quickly runs over to Heidi and carries her towards her room.

Anax calls the doctor and I rush towards the room, so I just wait outside. The whole family rushes over to stand outside the room.

Heidi screams in pain and Berli is right there comforting her.

After some time, the first baby cries then more screams until the second baby starts crying. Heidi goes silent and I am invited in so I hand Baruch to Eden as I rush in to support Heidi, but I find her two babies lying on her chest as Berli stares at the little ones in Heidi's arms. Tears fill my eyes as I sit on the bed to find the two little boys right there in her arms.

"Healthy boys," the doctor says, "one human and one Kerogen." Heidi tenses and I give her a reassuring look. I quickly grab gloves to cover the Kerogen's hands and I notice his little yellow eyes staring back at me. The human boy's eyes are still closed entirely.

Berli takes them away one-by-one to dress them up while Heidi feeds them. I notice her dozing off so I take one of the little ones away from her and Berli sighs.

"One of the boys is a leader," Berli says with a deep sigh, "what a life." "What's wrong?" I ask him and he sighs. "I just never wanted anything but normality for my family and now it's not going to be," he says seriously as he takes one of the boys to a crib and then takes the other away from me as well and puts him into another crib. I head out to find everyone waiting expectantly.

"Boys," I say honestly and Eden squeals as she hands Baruch back to me. James smiles, "As long as they are healthy."

Into the night, I hear Baruch cry and get up to find Anax is not there on the couch. I carry him and I walk into the kitchen to find a snack for him since he doesn't want milk. I find Anax sitting there and he turns towards me as he puts a snack into his mouth.