Sector 8

As I wake up to eat breakfast, after a day or two of travelling, Anax does the same. We eat and make our way out of the inn quickly.

As we travel through the forest, the army is looking all around us as they walk behind and in the front as well.

"We should be there in another two days," Anax says kindly and I nod, "but once we get there, it is hard to get to the main estate." I sigh, "How long will that take?" "A day," Anax says as I see the doubt in his face.

"Stop," the army shouts loudly and I see a woman running with two little girls across our path as a man runs after her. The men let her pass but stop the man as they put a wall between her and him.

"What is going on sir?" the head of the army asks. "This woman is taking my children away," the man says innocently and I watch the woman shaking her head profusely. "The law has changed," the human woman shouts and the Kerogen man growls, "my babies are not to be taken away because of being Huke's. Even so, should they be sold as slaves or worse? This is what he wants to do. He wants to sell them for profit when they have rights." The head of the army looks to Anax and I for a decree.

"Man," Anax says loudly and the man jumps then bows quickly even the lady curtsies with her little girls doing the same, "the law has changed and since I have deemed you a danger to the mother's life as well as the children's, you will not benefit from anything your children do and you have lost custody. I will ensure that the mother is protected as well as the children."

The woman cries as she falls to the floor to bow deeply to Anax and the children copy, "Thank you, your highness."

We make our way past them as we continue into the winter storm.

Soon, we arrive at the border of Sector 8 in our heavy winter gear as we make our way to the mountain.

After a day, we arrive at the estate in the early morning hours. The sun has not started to peak as we enter the estate and we find a few people standing to greet us as we arrive. They curtsy and bow as soon as we come closer.

"Your Highnesses," the woman says kindly as she points to the others present, "these are my children that are old enough to be here. I hope you will become well acquainted with them over your time here. I am Leader Lorelei." She curtsies again and her children copy her. "Please excuse us," the children say sweetly and we nod then they walk away. Lorelei leads us towards our rooms and we head to bed for the night.

As soon as we make our way downstairs for breakfast, we are bombarded with chatter as Lorelei tries to calm the rowdy bunch.

"Everyone quiet down," Lorelei shouts and everyone goes silent, "eat and then be on your way. Come on. Manners." I try to hold in a laugh but Anax seems to be serious as he sits down for breakfast. We all eat peacefully.

"Mother," the oldest girl says, "I will be on my way and will take Thiago with me." Lorelei nods, "Take the littles to school as well. Uriela, Zosia, Arella, Africa and Atticus. Come on. Go with Calista and Thiago." "But Mother you promised me and Africa could stay," a little girl says with her red eyes piercing through. "When you come back you can join in," Lorelei says kindly and the little girl nods begrudgingly.

The next two boys, also, excuse themselves as they go to learn more about their job.

"Jenny," Lorelei calls and a human walks into the room that has the nanny imprinting on her hand, "please take Tullia, Rain and Gael to play outside for a while." Jenny nods and the little ones follow her quickly.

"We will take a trip into town once the older kids are back," Lorelei says kindly, "but for now, let's go to my office so we can discuss the state of this area since three months ago." We nod and follow her as she carries a little baby in her arms that is staring back at us with pink eyes.