Back in Time

Basilah sighs, "I was eighteen-years-old when I met James and decided to be his partner. It was great initially and he promised not to marry anyone else, obviously, as long as I had a child in a year. This was a priority because heirs were needed for the royal line as quickly as possible back then. We lived in the basement of the home of James' parents because a Human had to be the one who gave birth to a Kerogen as was the case with some of us. Very rarely was there a Kerogen to marry a Kerogen. A year went by as normal and no child was born. The state of the world was getting worse so we had to protect ourselves and so, he found someone else."

Alora starts speaking, "I was someone from a family with Kerogen children born. My parents were Human and I had Human as well as a few Kerogen siblings. My parents were ecstatic at James deciding that he wants me and I was fine with it. After a year, no child again. This disappointed me, my parents, James and Basilah was happy cause I mean she couldn't have children herself."

Eden laughs at those words, "Then I came along. I volunteered because I really loved and still do love James. A year went by so James found two more Humans then I fell pregnant."

Ellerie sighs, "Yes. I was one of the first Humans that didn't know what was happening to be taken in. At this time, I was confused at the amount of ladies in the home, but I wasn't getting pregnant either."

Kamali nods in agreement, "At this point, me and Ellerie came together because James was frustrated. Then, Eden had her child which made him happy. Especially since it was a boy. Then, she had another boy."

Eden smiles smugly, "It was really getting heated in the home because no one was having any children except me, but my family was very pleased especially since my child had the leader mark. Then, my life was ruined when they both got pregnant at the same time. Kamali and Ellerie, I mean."

Kamali and Ellerie laugh at those words.

"We were hopeful," Ellerie says happily, "even though we had girls. We were happy we could just have children." Kamali nods, "Exactly."

"A few years without any children being born went by," Eden says and then smiles, "then I had a boy again." Everyone tolls their eyes and I giggle a little.

"Well," Kamali says, "then it got really brutal and James was not happy. James told us not to be competitive so we complied. A year later, I, finally, had a son. The third son born and the only one not from Eden, which upped the competitiveness once again."

Alora nods as she smiles, "No kids were born for 3 years until I had a son. James was happy now. He had heirs and couldn't care less who they came from or what they were. He just loved having children. With 6 children, we thought it would get too crowded now, but we expanded underground."

"A year later," Basilah says with a proud smile, "I, finally, had my first child. Norah was a blessing and I was happy she was a leader too. She would keep the family going on a separate field entirely."

Ellerie sighs, "With 7 children in the house, it was crazy. Norah was 4, Hagan was 5, Camden was 8, Berli was 9, Amoli and Alisha 11 then Anax was 13. It was chaos. Then, I had Kabir."

Eden's anger is clear, "Hey, what about my other son and Kamali's son. There was 8 children in the house because Kamali's son died, but my son was 12."

Alora says, "Anyways, two years later, Udeline was born." Ellerie nods, "Then Ivaan." Alora smiles, "The twins, Imogen and her sister."

Eden smiles, "With an 18, 19 and 14-year-old sons, I gave birth to Cayle. The next year, my son died." "Four years after Cayle," Kamali says honestly, "I had Edolie then Basilah had Emery."

"Wow," I say in awe, "around which child did you guys get free?" "Maybe a year before Edolie was born," Basilah says as she calculates it.

After that long story, I head to dinner with the Mothers. Baruch is with Anax as we sit down and enjoy our meal.