A Familiar Face

"Athena?" Anax asks as he sees the tears falling from my eyes, "you okay?" I smile as I nod and I caress the face that is staring back at me, "I don't know the first man, but I know this man and even though he is older, he is different and he truly cares about people. He is my brother, Jaxon."

James tenses at those words, "Then you are not unbiased." I shake my head, "Isn't it better to know them than to not know them?" James sighs, "Amoli cannot be hurt again. Brody will be punished as would any other man for unlawfully divorcing, but I need to be picky so I will make this decision then." I nod and Anax follows me out of the room.

"Why didn't you lie?" Anax asks me and I sigh. "Lying won't get me anywhere anyways," I say seriously, "I should go help Amoli and feed Baruch." He nods, "I will get to work." I nod as I walk towards Amoli's room.

Amoli is on the floor crisscross as she feeds Athena as well as the boys at the same time.

"I can feed Athena," I say seriously, "and Baruch. Take care of the boys for now." She nods as I take the both of them downstairs as she feeds the babies.

After dinner, at night, I make my way to Amoli's room to help her out and I end up falling asleep in her bed while she falls asleep on the couch. Anax walks into the room and carries me out of the room and whispers, "You need to stop doing this."

I sigh as I wake up slowly, "Sorry, I know I should take care of myself because of the baby, but..." "Athena," he says seriously, which causes me to jump as he places me in his bed, "it's not only about the baby. It's about you. You have gone through a lot and need to sleep, so sleep." I nod as I doze off and he takes Baruch with him, while he takes off to somewhere.

I wake up late in the day to hear commotion coming from downstairs, so I make my way downstairs to find the whole family there. Anax catches sight of me and pulls me to stand beside him. He whispers, "Amoli's partner." I nod as I watch with hope in my heart.

Amoli holds her sons and Athena is sitting on the floor beside her as the man walks through the door with a smile on his face, which causes tears to overflow as I try to remain steady. I turn to Heidi to find her mouth wide open as tears start falling from her eyes as well.

Jaxon

Ellerie takes her sons from her, but Athena rushes forward towards him with a smile on her face. He picks her up and comes towards Amoli. He bows then shakes her hand as they converse because she needs to explain the situation as well as introduce him to her children then the rest of the family.

Jaxon walks towards James then he bows as he goes through the members even when he reaches me. When he reaches me, I notice the tears in his eyes of happiness as he sees Heidi and I alive.

Afterwards, I rush towards Amoli's room and hug Jaxon as I fall to the ground in tears as he does too. Amoli's eyes widen as she sees my state and Jaxon's. He looks into my eyes as he holds my face, "I thought you both died." "They said you died," I say as I sob. Heidi rushes into the room soon after and follows the same pattern.

Amoli stands there awkwardly.

"Can we let him meet his nephews please?" I ask Amoli and she nods. "Ofcourse," Amoli says kindly, "you did so much for me." I thank her as I pull him along and let him meet Baruch.

"This is Baruch," I say happily and he smiles at the little one. Heidi rushes into the room, "This is Aziel and Aziza." He smiles at them too and carries them.

"Are you guys happy?" he asks us and we nod. He nods, smiles and heads out of the room towards Amoli.

"You worried?" I ask Heidi and she nods. "I don't think he is acting like our brother anymore," Heidi says seriously. "War destoyed him, I guess," I say sadly, "as long as he stay happy and does what he needs to do then I am fine." She agrees with me then heads out of the room.