Politics of the Royal Family

Three days after the procedure, the six of us are sitting in a room waiting for the results to be sent through.

Berli gets the results of Heidi's test first. "It is positive," Berli says with excitement and Heidi freezes as he hugs her. "When will we know more?" she asks with concern. "All the other results will come in later today," Berli says kindly. She nods nervously as Anax gets my results.

"Woah, it's positive," he says nervously and I look at him with a nervous look as I look down at my tummy. My stomach starts to churn as I think about the work to come that will be similar to Amoli's because she doesn't have a man beside her and I feel I won't either.

Alisha sighs, "It is negative again." Tyler looks at her sadness, "I'm sorry." She nods and walks out of the room to find James waiting excitedly for the information. Alisha bursts into tears as she hugs her father and he seems really hurt because of her sadness.

He whispers something to her and she nods excitedly as he says this. I realize at this moment that he may have favorites but he loves them all and will do anything to see them smile. He wipes her tears away and he glares at Tyler. Tyler gets the message and follows Alisha as she exits.

"And?" he asks with sadness in his eyes. "Positive for both of them," Anax says with a smile. Berli smiles proudly.

James hugs them both and does the same to both of us.

At lunch, we all enjoy a meal in silence until James announces our positive result.

Eden smiles smugly as me and Heidi seem to be a part of her side of the political game now while Ellerie tenses and Kamali frowns.

"When will we know the type of being?" Ellerie asks with worry. James smiles, "I have decided that we will wait until birth to know everything except if there is more than one of them." Everyone nods but seems unhappy about the decision being made.

All the results are then sent to James instead of us and the day goes on as normal.

The kids come home in a happy mood and enjoy their lunch.

Basilah is sitting with Norah and talking to her as she motions me over.

"Athena," she says kindly, "Norah wants to talk to you about something. She already got my opinion and the opinion of the other mothers. So let her know yours since you are to be a mother." I nod as Norah sighs deeply.

"I want to ask my father if I can meet the men before I choose," she says nervously, "I don't want to hate the guy and not have the same viewpoints. I mean I need someone to understand that I may be leader someday and have some sort of a leadership role until then so I don't know. What do you think?" "I think it is a great idea to run it by your father, but don't argue it Norah," I say kindly, "try to reason it and explain it in a way that he will understand not the way you think about it." She nods, hugs me and thanks me as she runs off.

I notice Imogen is frowning as she sits outside without anyone to play with, so I make my way over.

"You okay?" I ask and she shakes her head. "Did you tell your mum?" I ask her and she shakes her head, "well, you should." "I just want Leto back," she says with sadness in her eyes, "she played with me and none of the other like to even Udeline prefers to be with others a lot. Leto was nice." "You know what to do," I tell her kindly and she looks at me with confusion, "talk to your mother." She nods as she runs to do that.

I sit in the garden that goes for miles and notice the fence is so small from this distance. The sun creates the longest shadow that makes it bigger than it must be and I wonder how I got to this point. It is everything I never wanted. I never wanted to have a child. I never wanted to be a leader. I never wanted to marry someone I don't know. I never wanted to basically be a single mother and I didn't want to face the loss of another child.