Chapter 1- Learning Curve

[Last Reminder that PIZ: Secret Files comes before this]

"Wonnie, you see that window up top? Lift Gaeul-unnie up there to break the lock, so we can enter from there." A short-haired girl with an uncanny resemblance to a puppy directs. She, along with two other girls, were standing outside an abandoned warehouse under the cover of darkness..

"Sure, Yujinnie, no problem." The aforementioned girl says with a nod.

"Wait, Yujin, why can't I just break the door here?" The older girl, Gaeul, asks in confusion. "Also, are you and Wonyoung really going to use your pet names on a mission?"

"The door would be too obvious. Plus, being on higher ground will give us a better view of things." Yujin replies, ignoring the second question. The dim lighting was just able to hide her reddened cheeks.

"But-" Gaeul tries to debate more, but Wonyoung cuts her short by waving her arms and lifting the blonde girl, who was clearly miffed about not getting a say, upwards to the target.

When she's finally hovering in front of the window, Gaeul extends her hand and grips onto the lock. Slowly but surely, the metal starts to degrade and weaken until she's able to rip it off as if it were made of paper. Gaeul gives her two friends on the ground a thumbs up before opening the window and jumping in.

"Alright, your turn, unnie." Wonyoung says with a smile before levitating Yujin to the opening.

"Hmm, no sign of the target..." The puppy says as she surveys the area. The inside of the warehouse contained rows and rows of pallet racks that stacked up to the roof. This made it difficult to see further, prompting Yujin to tap into the comm device in her ear.

"Rei, Liz, are you in? We're on one of the catwalks." She asks while Wonyoung floated herself up to join them.

"Yeah, but there's nothing really visible from our position." Rei replies. The duo's entrance was far more direct than their leader's. Liz simply walked through the side entrance while Rei melded a sheet of metal next to her into a key which opened the door. They were now tiptoeing their way through the ground floor, the thinness of the corridors making them feel a bit claustrophobic.

"How about you, Leeseo? You see anything from above?" Yujin asks the maknae.

"Nope. All clear on the roof, unnie." The younger girl says as she floats above the building. Though Leeseo's control over her flight abilities has greatly improved over the last six months, Yujin was still hesitant on letting her get too close to the action.

"Ugh, that means the target is in one of these boxes..." The leader mumbles to herself before Gaeul taps her on the shoulder.

"We need to move quickly. We don't have much time." She says, showing Yujin a timer that was counting down from 30 minutes.

"Then let's get to it then." Wonyoung interjects, levitating a large wooden box over to them and opening it to reveal... nothing. "Oh, this isn't going to be fun."

The others follow suit and spread out to break open every box only to come up with much of the same. While they were doing so, a thought ran through Liz' head.

"Uh, girls, didn't Eunbi-unnie say to prepare for security? I haven't seen a single guard." She says.

"You're right... Are you sure we're even in the right warehouse?" Gaeul asks after melting another box filled with nothing but packing peanuts.

"Wait, this box looks a bit different." Rei comms when she sees a container with a red outline. "I sense something metal within..."

Those words are what made Yujin finally realize where the security was.