Chapter 5- At What Cost?

"Am I the only one getting a bit of deja vu here?" Gaeul asks when their group arrives at KYB Mechanic Repair. Unlike the corporate center buildings that KYB Holdings owned, the repair company was a warehouse looking structure that was located on the edge of Seoul. According to their research, this place was where a lot of KYB branded cars and appliances were sent to be fixed up for customers. What a little more digging did tell them though was that behind the warehouse was a scrap yard where all the broken machines were kept for repurposing.

"Yeah... it's like the mission simulation we had a couple days ago." Yujin replies, peeking from the bushes they were hiding in for any security.

"Let's hope it goes better than the practice then." Wonyoung quips before moving forward. The group opted to move as a unit this time around so they'd all have a point of reference on where to meet later on.

"No guards patrolling, but I do see a few cameras. I'll tell you when you're clear to go in." Leeseo says through her comm device. The maknae was once again floating high in the sky to scout, but Yujin had assured her that she'd be allowed to join in once they secured the entrance.

When the camera swivels off to another angle, Leeseo gives the signal. Yujin and the others now slowly tiptoe over to the entrance that had been locked. Gaeul reached out her hand to age the doorknob, but Yujin stopped her.

"Rei, try to open it without breaking it off. We can't let them know we were here." The leader says. The Japanese girl nods then focuses on controlling the door mechanism.

"Unnies, the camera is swinging back." Leeseo warns. Just as they were about to be caught, a satisfying click signaled that the door had finally unlocked. The five girls quickly rush in and close the entrance again.

"Alright, according to the map Kkura-unnie gave us, the surveillance room should be located here." Wonyoung says, pointing at an encircled area on printed out piece of paper

"Okay, we need to go for that first before we can move around freely." Without Yena and Sakura around to handle surveillance, the group had to get creative.

~~~~

"This place feels really creepy..." Liz whispers as the members duck and crawl past stacks of broken cars. This building was certainly a lot more machine than it was human right now.

"Just keep a cool head, Jiwon. We're almost there." Rei replies, using the blonde girl's legal name. This along with the Japanese girl taking hold of her hand made Liz feel a bit lighter. Aside from their very first mission to the lab where they found Leeseo, the only other experience they've had has been through training on campus. There just haven't been any big problems popping up until recently. On one hand, not having any crises should be ideal, but on the other, now that there was a very real threat, the rookies really felt like rookies.

"She does have a point though. There's zero guards just like the simulation." Wonyoung says while glancing at the automobiles surrounding them, wondering if there were any androids hiding in the trunks.

"Quiet down, girls. We're here." Yujin announces. A couple meters away was the security room. The only problem now was that the cameras situated on the wall were stationary and looking at the door.

"Don't worry, I got this." Rei says before using her powers to forcefully redirect them away, allowing the group to make their way over without issue. As they got closer though, a sound was heard from within.

"There's someone here." The puppy mouths before slowly opening the door and peering in to see a security guard busy on his phone. Yujin puts a finger to her nose to tell everyone to be quiet as she sneaks up behind him.