Chapter 27- Once and for All

"Now do you see why it's all hopeless? You've played right into my hand. Did you really think you could escape the prison that easily?" KYB says as the camera feeds continue to play. Though their friends and some mutants they couldn't recognize were putting up a good fight, there were just too many androids. Eunbi was frozen in place. They were supposed to protect everyone, but now, they were miles and miles away.

With the silence starting to become deafening, Yena decided to strike first, shooting a lightning bolt right at KYB. To everyone's shock though, the man bats it away like it was nothing.

"Cheap shot. You'll find I'm not the feeble human I once was." He says, the grin on his face becoming wider.

"What did you do to yourself?" Hyewon asks, eyes still darting around at the androids beginning to surround them.

"Ahn Joon-young was too shortsighted. He thought the answer to defeating mutants was to become one of you. I, on the other hand, saw beyond that. Altering your DNA? We know what happened to him as a result of that. In an age of technology, why rely on natural solutions when I could create one myself?" KYB replies, and it was now that the group realized what he had done.

"He... uploaded your consciousness into an android?" Sakura murmurs.

"I thought he already did that back at the party." Yujin says, but the tech-girl shakes her head.

"No, that was different. Back then, he was just projecting his voice through one and controlling it remotely. This one... it's definitely him."

"You were always the smart one, Miyawaki! Although, not smart enough to see my plan fully. I should be thanking you, really. Your blueprints were a big help to my cause." KYB taunts, making sure to put a bit more emphasis on the last few words.

"If you think we're going to give up just because the odds are stacked against us, then you're in for a big surprise!" Chaewon says, preemptively splitting herself into three copies for the upcoming battle. Everyone else follows her example and gets into a fighting stance.

"Oh, your stubbornness is what I'm counting on." He replies, and at those words, all the androids begin closing in.

~~~~

Unbeknownst to KYB, the team had a plan. While they let him monologue, Sakura was having telepathic conversations with the others.

Minjoo, cloak Yuri, Chaeyeon and Eunbi once the fight starts. You see that door there at the back? There might be an answer behind it. Everyone else, cover for them. Sakura says just as KYB finished his little speech.

As the androids attacked, Hitomi drops some seeds on the ground and creates a huge plant wall around the group.

Though the barrier was shot through, it gave just enough time for Minjoo to go invisible with the others. By the time the wall was down, Chaewon had cloned herself more to cover for the missing members. The hope was KYB wouldn't realize they were gone in all the chaos, and from the start, it looked like their hunch was right.

Projectiles were being launched from everywhere like a warzone. The androids' energy attacks were countered by Yujin's water torrents, Hyewon's ice beams, Yena's electric shocks, and Hitomi's vines. Up close, it was Nako throwing punches, running through the machines like they were made of paper. Chaewon used her clones to distract and take fire away from her friends. Unlike before where here copies would be a liability in this scenario, this time, she would make them disappear like mirages before they would get hit. Wonyoung used her telekinesis to redirect the androids' aims towards each other. Finally, Sakura, who usually wasn't a fan of hand-to-hand combat, was in her element. Every time she managed to get close to an android, all she had to do was place her hand on it to deactivate it.